Chapter 28

It had been a few weeks since Oliver had started training with Nyssa so that he would be ready to take on Ras when the time was right. He was picking up on everything very quickly. Nyssa had even had Sara join in on the training so that it would be two on one. If Oliver could handle that he should be able to handle anyone.

"If you keep on improving like this, you might can just challenge him and not have to join the league." Nyssa said.

"That would be better for me, because I really have no desire to do the undercover work that would require." Oliver said.

"Well, I will know if you are ready for that or not by the time it is time for Father to come to Star City." Nyssa said and Oliver nodded.

"I am going to go out on patrol for a while, when I get back, I will be ready for another round." Oliver said.

He and Sara went to change into their suits, and they went out to patrol the Glades for a little while. They stopped a bank robbery and a couple of muggings before going back to the lair and doing some more training with Nyssa. After they were done with that, they called it a night and went home.

The next day the team was in the lair when the computer alarms went off. Oliver walked over to see what was going on.

"What have you got Barbara?" Oliver asked.

"Looks like the new Count has escaped from jail and is making the guards go crazy somehow." Barbara said.

"Check with the police and see what they have so far." Oliver said and Barbara nodded.

Barbara hacked into the SCPD server and found out that the guard had been injected with Vertigo and that is why he had gone so crazy. All of a sudden, the screen went blank and the Count was on the screen. He gave a message to the city then the screens went back to normal.

"Were you able to trace that?" Oliver asked.

"Yeah. He is in the warehouse district? He would have to be using power so I will be able to narrow that down even more in a second." Barbara said.

"Ok, so it looks like he is in the warehouse on 6th and Main." Barbara said.

"Ok let's go finish this. We don't need that stuff on the streets again." Thea said since she was the one who had used it in the room.

"We know how you feel about that stuff Speedy, so that is why I am going to let you take him down." Oliver said.

"Really, I thought that you would want that honor." Thea said.

"No, you are the one that deserves this take down." Oliver said.

"Ok, so everyone else is going to take down the other people while Thea takes down the Count?" Roy asked.

"Yeah, there should be plenty for everyone." Sara said.

"Ok, let head out." Oliver said and the team left to go and take down the Count.

The team got to the warehouse and scouted it out before entering. When they enter everyone engaged with the guards that the Count had hired. When most of them had been taken out Blue Arrow started to make her way to the Count. He took out some syringes with Vertigo in them and threw them at her. Blue Arrow knocked them away and continued to progress on the Count.

Once Blue Arrow got close to the Count, they start hand to hand combat. The Count soon found out that he was overmatched. Normally it would be an even fight, but Blue Arrow was really not holding back this time. It was like she was willing to kill him, which was possible because she had almost died and then she almost got sent to jail because of Vertigo. If she could make it so that would not happen to someone else that would make her really happy.

She hit him in the head a couple of more times, and he was finally knocked out. The team tied all of the thugs up and then they got Barbara to call the police and then they left when they heard the sirens approaching.

"Well that was a good night. I hope he can't get out again." Thea said.

"I am proud of you Speedy. You took care of him all by yourself. I didn't know if you would need any help or not, but obviously you didn't." Oliver said.

"Yeah, I didn't know what to expect at first, but once we started fighting, I could tell that he was not a fighter, he was more of the behind the since kind of guy who lets other people do his dirty work." Thea said.

"Well, you did good. Well I have to train with Nyssa, everyone else is free to either train or go out on patrol. Do whatever you want to and when you are done you can go home for the night. We have done enough for the night." Oliver said as he went to train with Nyssa.