Chapter 40

The next day the Oliver and Sara were watching the news and they saw that a woman named Ruve Adams was running for Mayor of Star City. It came as a surprise to Oliver because he had never heard of this woman and He didn't even know that the Mayor position was being vacated.

Oliver looked at Sara and asked, "Do you know anything about this woman? I have never heard of her before, so I don't know why she would be running for Mayor."

"I do know something about her, and we cannot let her become Mayor. She is not looking out for the good of the city." Sara said.

"Ok, so what is so bad about her then?" Oliver asked.

"Well for starters she is just not a good person, and there is also the fact that her real name is Ruve Darhk." Sara said.

"We definitely can't let her win then. What did I do last time to stop her?" Oliver asked.

"Well, you didn't stop her. But that was because Darhk found William and used him against you." Sara said.

"How was I trying to stop her though?" Oliver asked.

"You were running for Mayor, Ollie. Malcolm turned on you and he told Darhk about William. You might have better luck this time with Malcolm not around any more though." Sara said.

"So, I ran for Mayor? I just can't see it." Oliver said.

"From what I heard from Thea and the rest of your team in the other timeline, you were a pretty good Mayor." Sara said.

"So, are you suggesting that I run for Mayor? I don't know if I am the right person for the job." Oliver said.

"Well, if you don't want it, we will have to find someone else to do it. If we don't, she will end, and it will be hard for us to operate in the city." Sara said.

"Do, you have anyone in mind?" Oliver asked.

"I might have someone in mind. I will go talk to them and see if they will do it." Sara said as she walked out of the door.

Thirty minutes later Sara was sitting at Big Belly Burger waiting for someone to show up so that she could talk them into running for Mayor. The person finally showed up and he said, "Sorry I am late. I was a little busy at work."

"Don't worry about it Daddy. I have time. It's not like my shift starts until later tonight anyways." Sara said.

"Ok, I am going to order some food and I will be right back." Quentin said.

"Take your time." Sara said.

Once Quentin was back at the table he asked, "So, what did you need to ask me?"

"I did tell you about myself right. You know about not being from this time and all?" Sara asked.

"Yeah, you mentioned it one time. Why do you ask?" Quentin asked.

"Well in the future Oliver runs for Mayor and he has to drop out because William was threatened by the bad guy, so Oliver had to drop out of the race. Well, the person who won ended up dying, so because Oliver got so many write-in votes during the election, he was named to take the woman's place. He named you his Deputy Mayor, but you did a lot of the work. Especially when he is out doing his other job." Sara said.

"What are you trying to say Sara?" Quentin asked.

"Ruve Adams is really Ruve Darhk and we can't allow her to become Mayor. Oliver thought that you should run against her. You will be able to turn this city You will be able to turn this city around more effectively as the Mayor then as a cop. I know that you will be great for the job. Trust me, I know." Sara said and laughed.

"Do, you really think so? I have never really even considered something like this before. I don't know anything about politics." Quentin said.

"You will do great. Also, it will stop you from being a cop. I know you love it Daddy, but you aren't a Spring Chicken anymore. I think it is either time you got a desk job or either try to run for Mayor." Sara said.

"I hate to admit it, but you are probably right. I do have some heart issues that my job is not helping." Quentin said.

"So, what do you think?" Sara asked.

"I think it sounds crazy but I kind of like the idea, so I guess if will do it then." Quentin said.

"Ok, get a speech together and I will get Ollie to announce a news conference in the next couple of days." Sara said and Quentin nodded.

"Why do I let you talk me into these things?" Quentin asked.

"Because you love me." Sara said with a big smile and Quentin also smiled.

"Ok, well I have to go. I have to be at work in a couple of hours." Sara said as she finished her meal and got up and gave her dad a hug before she left.

Sara went back to the apartment and found that everyone was there. Oliver looked at her when she walked in the door and asked, "So, did you find someone who will run for Mayor or am I going to have to do it?"

"I found someone. It is probably going to shock everyone in the room. I got the person who was your Deputy Mayor to run for Mayor now." Sara said.

"Who would that be though, Sara?" Laurel asked.

"You are going to think this is crazy, but I just talked dad into running for Mayor." Sara said.

"Actually, it is not that crazy. He loves this city. He has always wanted to protect it. Being the Mayor would also him to do it from the top instead of from the bottom like he is now." Laurel said.

"I actually think that it is a good idea as well. So, what do we need to do?" Oliver asked.

"I need you to set up a news conference tomorrow so that he can announce that he is running for Mayor." Sara said.

"Consider it done. I will set it up and then you can tell your dad the time and the place." Oliver said as he went to get to work on setting up the news conference.