Chapter 16

Today Sara was going to talk to Quentin about the vigilantes. She really hoped that he took it well. She knew that her father would not turn Laurel or her in. She just hoped that that went for Oliver and Thea as well.

"Sara are you sure about this. Don't you think that he will be mad at us for doing this." Laurel asked.

"He would be more mad at you then he will me." Sara said.

"What makes you say that?" Laurel asked.

"Once I told him that I was once a member of the League last time he seemed to be ok with it because he knew that I was trained. You on the other hand, he was mad at first because you went out there just to take up my mantle without proper training." Sara said.

"Well I do have proper training this time around. So, he might take it better." Laurel said.

"He probably will. Let's go and meet dad and get this over with." Sara said.

The girls were going to meet Quentin at the coffee shop that is located across the street from SCPD. When they got there, they saw that Quentin was already sitting at a table drinking his coffee. They went to order and then they sat down with their father.

"So, what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?" Quentin asked.

"We wanted to talk to you about the vigilantes." Sara said.

"What about them? All the trouble that they are causing." Quentin said.

"You don't believe that. You know that they are helping." Sara said.

"Why are you taking the side of the vigilantes. I was ok when there was just the two of them but now, they have two new ones. I mean before we know it, we will be overrun by them." Quentin said.

"I seriously doubt that." Laurel said.

"Why do you two talk like you know something more about this than I do?" Quentin said.

"Maybe because we do know something about all of this." Sara said.

"How would you unless you two are vigilantes? Which is crazy." Quentin said.

"Is it really though, daddy." Sara said.

"Hold on a second. Are you telling me that you two are vigilantes?" Quentin asked.

"Yep, that is what we are trying to say." Laurel said.

"How is this possible? I raised you girls to believe in the law and now you are both breaking it." Quentin said.

"The truth is while I was gone, I got rescued by a group called the League of Assassins. They taught me how to fight and so when I got back, I decided I was going to use my skills to do good for the city, so I joined the Hood's cause." Sara said.

"Ok, that kind of makes since. I can live with that. What about you Laurel? How did you get in on this?" Quentin asked.

"Well Sara told me the truth and I can see how broken this city is and the police and the courts can't help so I had to find another way." Laurel said.

"Is it really that broken that you have to do this?" Quentin asked.

"I am afraid so daddy. I am sorry if you are disappointed. So, are you going to be ok with this?" Laurel asked.

"I guess I will have to be. Both of you are too stubborn for me to talk you out of this in the first place." Quentin said.

Laurel smiled and said, "Well at least you know not to try, because it would never work."

"Sara, why would you follow the Hood? He is a murderer." Quentin said.

"No more than I am daddy. It's called the League of Assassins for a reason." Sara said.

"Ok, so which ones are you both?" Quentin asked.

"I am the White Canary and Laurel is the Black Canary." Sara said.

"So, Laurel, you killed Malcolm Merlyn?" Quentin asked.

"No, that was me. My league gear was black. I did that before I became the White Canary." Sara said.

"Ok, so now that I know who the two of you are, it is pretty easy to figure out who the Hood and the one in blue is. How the hell did Queen get off when I had him in custody?" Quentin asked.

"He has learned how to lie well enough to trick a lie detector test and his old bodyguard went out that night in Oliver's suit that night." Laurel said.

"So, the one in the blue is Thea then?" Quentin asked.

"Yes. She just got finished with her training." Sara said.

"Why would Queen let his 18-year-old sister go out and do this?" Quentin asked.

"She is as stubborn as we are daddy. Do you really think that she gave Ollie a choice?" Laurel asked.

"I guess not." Quentin said with a chuckle.

"So, why tell me this now?" Quentin asked.

"We wanted you to know so that you could help us if we ever need the police for something." Sara said.

"I will always be there for you girls, but I am having a hard time getting my head around this. Just give me some time to think about all of this." Quentin said.

"We will and thank you for not thinking that we are crazy for doing this daddy." Laurel said.

"Oh, I do think this is crazy. I just can't turn my girls in though. I can't turn in Queen either, because if I do that, it could lead back to the two of you." Quentinsaid.

"So, let us know if you are willing to help us. We know that you believe in the law, its just not working right now and it needs someone to do what is necessary to make this city a better place." Sara said.

"I do have to say that since the Hood showed up, crime is down. Once the two of you joined on its crime went down even more. So, as much as I disagree with what you two are doing, it does look like it is helping. I can't argue with that." Quentin said.

"Thank you, daddy. We will let you go to work. I need to get to work as well." Laurel said as the three Lances all went their separate ways.