Chapter 23

The next day Oliver went to Verdant to help set up for the night. When he walked in, he saw Tommy was there as well. "Looks like we both had the same idea. Get in early and get everything set up so we don't have to worry with it later." Oliver said.

"Yeah it sure helps in case something goes wrong, we have time to fix it then." Tommy said.

"So, how have you been man? I know I have been busy lately. I think we should have a double date again sometime." Oliver said.

"That actually sounds good. I haven't seen Laurel much lately either. Being a lawyer and a vigilante sure takes up a lot of her time." Tommy said.

"Y'all are still good though, right?" Oliver asked.

"I think so. Sometimes I wish she wasn't so busy so we could be together like normal couples, but I know what she is doing is needed." Tommy said.

"Let her know how you feel, but don't try to change her. We both know that doesn't work on the Lance Sisters." Oliver said.

"You are right about that. If I tried something like that, she would kick me to the curve really quick." Tommy said.

"That she would. Well I am going to see what going on downstairs." Oliver said as he walked to the basement.

When he arrived in the basement, he saw that Roy and Thea were sparring while Sara and Laurel were giving them some tips. Emiko was also watching but she was new to the team, so she didn't want to step on anyone's feet by giving unwanted advice.

"So, how did training go yesterday?" Oliver asked.

"Everything went good. I sparred with Emiko. She is really good. I think she taught me some new stuff. I also knew a couple of things that she didn't, so I think we were pretty evenly matched." Laurel said.

"That's good. That means we don't have to wait to get her out in the field." Oliver said.

"So, how was your secret trip yesterday? You never told us what that was about." Laurel said.

"Well, I am having a hard time telling people about it. I think it might upset some people." Oliver said.

"What is it Oliver? You know you can tell me anything." Laurel said.

"I don't know if you want to know this secret though." Oliver said.

"That might be true, but it still remains a fact that you can tell me anything." Laurel said.

"What did I do to deserve you as a friend?" Oliver said.

"I don't know, but I do know that you are my best friend even though we didn't work out as a couple." Laurel said.

"Well in that case, I will tell you where we went yesterday, even though I know it will piss you off." Oliver said.

"Ok, what is it that you did yesterday then?" Laurel asked.

"Well you know that mom is running for Mayor. Thea and I thought we would help her out by looking for dirt that could be bad for her. Barbara found two things. One was the fact that dad had a child with another woman and the other was the fact that I have a child living in Central City right now." Oliver said.

"You have a child in Central City, and you didn't even know. How is that possible?" Laurel asked.

"Mom paid the mother of the child off so that she would tell me she lost the baby and would move back to Central City." Oliver said.

"Well that was dirty on Moira's part. Why would I be pissed off though?" Laurel asked.

"Because it happened when we were together." Oliver said looking down at the ground.

"Oh. It hurts a little bit to know that, but I forgave you for everything you did in the past already, so that being said, I am happy for you Oliver." Laurel said.

"You are too good of a person to be friends with me. I don't deserve a friend like you." Oliver said.

"Yes, you do. You are a good man Oliver. You just need to see it, and when you don't see it, we will let you know about it." Laurel said.

"By the way, I just talked to Tommy and he said that you two have not been seeing each other much lately. How about we do a double date tomorrow night?" Oliver asked.

"I know I haven't seen him much lately. I am just so busy with this and being a lawyer, I don't have time to see him." Laurel said.

"I understand. This is a demanding life, but you do need to take a break sometimes, or the two of you will not work out." Oliver said.

"I will try to do better. It just seems easier for you and Sara being that both of you work at the club." Laurel said.

"Hey, I did offer you a job as one of the guards for the club. I mean you can kick most of the guys asses that come to Verdant. That way you can see Tommy every night." Oliver said.

"I love being a lawyer though and working at the bar is not going to pay as much either." Laurel said.

"I actually have a better idea. I don't have a bodyguard anymore since Diggle left and mom keeps trying to get me a new one. The jog is yours if you want it. It pays well and we will be here every night. Just think about it." Oliver said.

"That actually sounds pretty good. I will think about it." Laurel said and Oliver then started watching as Roy and Emiko started to spar.

Emiko had Roy down on the mat withing twenty seconds. Oliver looked at Roy and said "You took it easy on her because she was a girl and you got your ass kicked because of it. You need to fight both men and women the same, because when you are in the field, you would be dead right now." Oliver said.

"Thanks for the tip. Anyways, how about you get up here and try." Roy said and Oliver stepped on the mat to see what Emiko had skill wise.

They were evenly matched and they both got some pretty solid strikes in. They both knew certain moves that the other didn't so that gave each an advantage for a short time. After another five minutes of sparring, they were both getting tired, so they called it quits for the night. "Ok, let's go home and get some rest. I will see you all here tomorrow for training." Oliver said and the team nodded.