Chapter 7

That night Laurel and Sara met up with Tommy and Oliver at the Verdant because the boys needed to be there for the opening that night. Once the guys made sure that everything was taken care of for a while Oliver led the four of them to the basement door and typed in the code. It looked like the light were already on which meant that either Thea or Felicity or both were already there. When they got to the bottom of the steps Tommy saw that this was the lair for the team.

"Once I figured out that you were the hood, I was wondering how you got to the fire fighters' ball so quickly. Now I know the answer because all your gear was already her." Tommy said.

"Yeah that is why I opened the club, so that I would have an alibi for every night." Oliver said.

"It's actually a pretty good idea. If you every have to leave someone will just think that you are getting supplies or something." Laurel said and Oliver nodded.

"Ok, so about that dinner. I am hungry?" Sara said.

Thea came in from the back entrance that Oliver had made into the basement and had four bags full of Chinese food. Once she put it down on the table everyone started digging through the begs to get what they wanted.

"We should do this more often. It's private but we can also keep an eye on the club from down here through the cameras." Tommy said.

"Now that you know everything it will be easier to do this." Laurel said.

The five of them were sitting there enjoying the food and the conversation when they saw something going on up in the club. It was a group of policemen walking in. Oliver and Tommy left to see what was going on. Laurel and Sara followed because they saw their father was there too. Thea had to stay in the basement because she was underage.

"Can I help you detective?" Oliver asked.

"Yeah we just had a call about a girl getting hit by a car a couple of blocks from here. She was on drugs and she had just left this club. I am hoping that my daughters are smart enough to teach you not to sale drugs out of your club." Quentin said.

"Dad you know yourself that they are not the men that they used to be. They aren't into that stuff anymore." Sara said.

"I was never into that stuff." Oliver said.

"Ok, so do either of you know this girl?" Quentin asked.

"I've never seen her." Oliver said.

"I think I might have seen her before we went to have dinner earlier. I saw her walk in and she looked out of it then. I would say she must have got her fix before she got here." Tommy said.

"Do you have any security tapes that might could prove that?" Quentin said.

"I will show you the security feeds now." Tommy said as he led Quentin to the room where the security footage was.

"I am sorry for my dad busting in here like this. He must still have a grudge against you even though I am still alive." Sara said.

"Your father never really like me, so it is not that big of a surprise." Oliver said.

"No, she is right Ollie. Everyone can tell you are a different man since you got back from the island. He just won't listen to any of us." Laurel said.

"It's ok. I am used to it by now." Oliver said.

Quentin and Tommy walked back out and Quentin said, "It's looks like she was high when she got here so you are off the hook for now."

"Dad can I talk to you for a second before you leave?" Sara asked.

Quentin and Sara walked to the side and Sara looked at him and said "I need you to stop treating Oliver and Tommy the way that you do. They are both good men, but you won't give them a chance. If you keep treating them like this, you are going to lose both Laurel and I. They are the men that we love, and you are going to have to get used to that."

"I am sorry baby girl. I will try to work on it. I just think that they are rich and spoiled." Quentin said.

"They used to be, but they have grown up now." Sara said.

"I can see that. I just keep looking at them like their older selves. I will work on it." Quentin said.

"Thanks daddy. Now we need to get back to our date." Sara said and Quentin nodded as he left the club.

"I heard one of the policemen say that the drug that the girl was on is called Vertigo." Oliver said.

"I have heard of it. They say it is the next big thing." Tommy said.

"Well we need to find out where it is being produces so that we can take it off the market." Sara said.

They then see Roy working at the bar and had an idea. "We can start the kid out as an informant." Oliver said.

"He does know everything about the Glades. Let's see what he knows." Sara said as they walked over to Roy.

"Hey kid, do you know where the drug named Vertigo is being made in the Glades?" Oliver asked.

"There are a few places that it could be made. But I think you should try the old abandoned warehouse by the docks would be the most likely place. What are you trying to sale it here?" Roy asked.

"No, someone who was at the club earlier was on it and died. We are trying to find a lead for the police." Tommy said.

"Ok, yeah I would tell them to check there first." Roy said.

"Ok, thanks for you help." Sara said.

The group went back down to the basement and Oliver and Sara changed into their suits to go after the drug dealer known as the Count.

"Laurel, when you and Thea are done eating y'all should train for a while. We shouldn't be to long. Then we will join in and teach y'all some new stuff." Sara said and Laurel and Thea nodded.

Oliver and Sara left the lair and went to the warehouse that Roy had told them about. "Looks like Roy knows what he is talking about. Maybe we should bring him on the team. This is the place we are looking for. Look at all those drugs." Oliver said.

"He was a valued member of your team for a while anyways. Why not bring him in a little earlier?" Sara asked.

"I will think about it." Oliver said as he and Sara went to enter the building from the roof.

When they got inside, they started knocking all the people out, trying not to kill anyone. They finally heard someone say from behind them "I was wondering how long it would take to get a visit from you two. Maybe you would like to try some of my drugs." The Count said.

The Count threw a syringe toward Sara, but she blocked it with her staff and then Oliver nocked an arrow and shot it at The Count, killing him instantly.

"Well at least we are done with this stuff. We need to blow this stuff up. Let's get everyone out that is alive, then we will set all of this on fire." Sara said and Oliver nodded as he helped her get everyone out but the Count.

Once everyone was out Oliver fired one of his explosive arrows into the warehouse and it went off and the Vertigo went up in flames also burning the building as well.

"Well that was a good night and it doesn't hurt that we also took out one of the up and coming drugs in the city." Sara said as she gave Oliver a kiss and then they left to return to Verdant.