Chapter 20

It had been a couple of weeks since the team had taken down Isabel Rochev. They had taken down some of the more dangerous people on the list while waiting for Slade to make a move. Moira had decided to run for Mayor of Starling city, which had surprised both of her children.

"So, mom is really running for Mayor. I never thought I would see the day." Thea said.

"Yeah, I know it is surprising, but I think if she wins, she might actually do a good job." Oliver said.

"I think you are right. She does have a mind for that sort of stuff. She knows how to spin stuff to look good for everyone. So, I guess it is no surprise she would be good at politics." Thea said.

"Ok, well we might as well help her out. Let's get Barbara to look into anything that might cause mom problems in her campaign, like any secrets she might have hidden." Oliver said and Thea nodded as they walked into the lair.

"Barbara, what are you working on right now?" Oliver asked.

"Mostly just watching the news to make sure nothing is happening that could use the teams help." Barbara said.

"Ok, I want you to look into my mother's past so that we can find any secrets that she might have so that we can get out in front of them before someone in the opposing campaign comes across them." Oliver said.

"You got it. I will let you know what I find." Barbara said.

Oliver and Thea changed into their workout clothes and began to spar. It looked like Thea was keeping up with Oliver pretty well. She even got a couple of hits in on him. When they were done sparring Oliver looked at Thea and said, "I have a gift for you."

"What is it?" Thea asked.

"Come with me." Oliver said as the two siblings went into the other room where the team changes and he pulled out a box.

"What is this, Ollie?" Thea asked.

"Open it and find out." Oliver said.

Thea opened the box and said "Oh my God. Is this my suit? Why is it blue?"

"Well you always look good in blue and I was going to give you red, but I think being that Roy always wears the red hoodie, he would want the red." Oliver said.

"I do look good in blue, don't I? Oh, and I have to admit, Roy does look good in red." Thea said.

At that point in time Sara and Laurel enter the lair and saw Oliver and Thea in the changing room with Thea holding up her new suit.

"Looks like we have a new member of the team in the field when we go out again." Sara said.

"Yeah, she gave me a run for my money in our sparring session today, so I do believe she is ready." Oliver said.

"Welcome to the team, Speedy." Laurel said.

"Can I at least get another name but Speedy?" Thea said.

"It is probably best. People do know that we call you Speedy all the time." Sara said.

"Well, if I remember correctly, before you finally gave up about being could Speedy in the future, you wanted to be called Red Arrow. We could always call you Blue Arrow." Sara said.

"I think I will go with that. I mean Ollie is the Green Arrow, so why not be Blue Arrow." Thea said.

"I like it. So, Laurel I think we are just training today so when Roy gets in, I want you to spar with him." Oliver said.

"Ok, but I will train with her until Roy arrives." Sara said as they both got on the mat and started to spar.

Oliver and Thea went to see what Barbara had found on their mother. They saw that she was still hard at work looking for information, but she already had a few things written down.