CHAPTER 30

“Does that mean you hate Rishi?” - Chris Jackson

“Oh my God!” Ashley Tripple, a 38-year old scientist-engineer, reacted when Emette and Rishi showed up at their laboratory door. “Look who’s here!” she shouted to everyone who sprung immediately from what they were doing and towards their visitors.

“This is actually the first time I see Rishi Domnast in other teams’ laboratory.” Billy Strance, a 53-year old scientist that Rishi had worked with every project she had joined since her debut. “Were you two kicked out?”

“No. Not kicked out.” Emette said. “Or maybe not yet.” He added that brought out laughs from the members of the Innovation Team.

They are now in Alpha. Emette didn’t really mention where he was going before but he was glad Rishi followed him without any more complaints.

Rishi stared at Emette as he talked his way towards the other Whites. Unlike him, she had already worked with most of them before but never really gotten close to them. They haven’t talked anything outside their research either. But looking at Emette, she realized it’s not because she couldn’t mingle with them due to the limited time but because she chose not to.

“By the way, Mr. Jackson,” Emette faced the 47-year old engineer, Chris Jackson, the leader of the Innovation Team. “About the Photon ratio, can I request some extra Equips? Just a test. I like one with 75% Photons with deactivated Diodes at minimum of 10:1.”

Chris was obviously taken a back with the sudden request but the older man smiled. “Testing if the Diodes will wake up upon activation? Not bad there, kid.” He stroked Emette’s hair as praise.

“Yeah.” Emette shoved the man’s hand gently, indicating the old man to stop the action. He tried to search for someone to talk to but by the looks of it, he doesn’t have any idea who. He still talked anyway. “I also wanted to see if I can use some catalysts for the set-ups. They take a lot of time to activate.”

“I can do that.” A hand rose. The owner was Felipe Puerto. “I can fetch you some diamonds and copper cores.”

“That’ll help, Mr. Puerto.” Emette smiled towards the 45-year old scientist. Felipe returned a thumbs-up.

“Are you here for some requests too, Rishi?” Ashley asked Rishi that threw the younger White off guard. Rishi doesn’t really know what to say or to request. She hadn’t come prepared. If only Emette had told her what he came here for then maybe she could have thought of something.

She looked back on Emette and then to everyone and saw they are looking at her, expecting a reply. Sensing the need to respond, she took out her multi-note to see if there’s anything to test with aside from the pre-determined plans they have and silently curse Emette for bringing her into this inescapable pit.

“A triple core non-diode ratio with 80% Photons. Three variations basing structure components.” She said shyly.

“Reaction test, right?” Ashley took some notes with her own multi-note. “I can do that. No sweat.” She gave their youngest a friendly wink.

Rishi bowed her head to hide her heating face. “Thank you.” She said softly.

Emette had his eyes on her the whole time. He smiled when she finally took Ashley’s invitation to make a request. The way she flushed on asking someone out of the project plan only indicated this was her first time to make a personal request. And to think that he was the one who pushed her to do it made him a little proud. His imagination was cut when he felt someone elbowed his side.