CHAPTER 23

“I actually have a confession to make.” Emette started after a few pushes in his throat.

“You seem exhausted, Rishi.” Kerchen asked her daughter.

They are now on their way to Rishi’s apartment using Emette’s car. Kerchen’s sitting between her daughter and Rod while Marcel’s at Emette’s left. It took Marcel a while to convince her friend to receive the lift. Well, it was impossible to refuse Marcel knowing she has a persistent personality and a taxi would cost a lot.

“I’m okay. A little sleep deprived.” Rishi answered her mother with a forced thin smile.

Yesterday was too crazy. She and Emette spent the whole day cuddling each other on her bed after that heated shower. She was sure Emette tried his best not to do more than what they had after that but was obvious enough that he must have tried to satisfy his fill of the one-week holding back. Either way it didn’t matter. She enjoyed Emette’s company. Even without the love making.

“You shouldn’t push yourself too hard, honey.” Kerchen said.

Rishi giggled, realizing of how many times Emette had also said the same thing to her if he had the chance. “I don’t, mom. Don’t worry.” She made sure that her voice was one with no doubt while trying to get the courage from Emette’s eyes through his rear-view mirror. He actually adjusted it so he could see her at the back as well.

After 30 minutes, they’ve reached Rishi’s apartment. Emette and Marcel were also invited inside which was pretty convenient since they plan to have a serious talk with Rishi’s family.

When Marcel stepped inside the apartment, she was surprised by the trophies, medals and certificates lined up on her cabinet.

“These are not all, right?” Marcel, with twinkling eyes, asked Kerchen while pointing over the treasures.

“Some were left in mother’s house. We couldn’t really transfer everything. Plus, Rishi doesn’t really want them here.”

“Well, it does take some space.”

Good thing Rishi took the time to clean her apartment yesterday. Emette had left after nine and did everything until half past eleven when she is supposed to wake up early to prepare. Asking Emette’s help would be bad since she knew nothing will be done if they are together. Then she had a lot of trouble sleeping for she can’t forget what happened to them the whole day, resulting to her sleepy state.

She shook her head to wake herself again. She had done that a couple of times every since this morning and it helps a little. She went over to the kitchen to start pouring some tea which had been her habit whenever there are visitors.

When Kerchen, Rod, Marcel and Emette finally took their seat on the dining table, Marcel elbowed her son to initiate the talk that they are supposed to do. But when Emette was about to speak, Kerchen’s voice was heard.

“We really thank you for picking us up. Although I was sure I’ve told Rishi that there was no need.”

“Oh, we insisted.” Marcel said, flashing her usual bright smile.

“You, mother and son, could be doing some family bonding by now for who knows.”

“Actually,” Emette finally inserted his line after a few light clutches on his sides. “There’s a reason why we insisted the lift offer to Rishi.”

Kerchen’s brow reacted automatically after hearing the familiarity of her daughter’s name in his voice. “Oh? And what could that be?”

“I actually have a confession to make.” Emette started after a few pushes in his throat. He had never imagined that it would be this hard to face your partner’s parents – especially with something that they have.