CHAPTER 20

“As I thought, I want to see you.” Emette, again on the line, said. “Can I come over?”

Rishi rolled leisurely on her bed just to reach her ringing phone. She groaned inwardly out of annoyance and checked the time on her phone’s screen. It says 5:12 AM. Her face stiffened out of anger. Who would dare to call her on a Saturday morning when she’s supposed to be sleeping soundly ‘til noon? She answered that question by looking at the caller ID. She quickly sprung, seated up and answered it.

“Mom?” Her pitch was a little higher, indicating her surprise.

“Good morning, Rishi. Sorry, what time is it there?” Her mother asked with obvious as day that everyone on her side was already wide awake.

“Five in the morning, mom.” She rubbed her eyes so she could see what’s ahead clearly. She yawned. “What’s up?”

“What’s up? Well, you did e-mail us that you’d like to talk to Rod and me on a comfortable weekend. We agreed to visit you tomorrow. So I just wanted to let you know that we’ll arrive at around seven in the morning. Oh, and you don’t have to come and fetch us. We’re okay. I know the visit is a little sudden but mom’s got a big project next week and I don’t think I will have some free time before it finishes. So, see you tomorrow, honey.”

“Got it. Thanks, mom. And I’m sorry if it was sudden. Am I interrupting your work and dad’s?”

“Honey, you’re not. I should be the one who’s sorry since I was only able to read your e-mail today.”

“I know you’re busy anyway so it’s fine. And it’s great that you’ll be coming down tomorrow. I’ll see you then.”

“Sure. Eat your breakfast well, okay? Bye, honey.”

“Bye, mom.”

The call ended.

Rishi only contacts her parents by e-mail. She knows how busy they usually are so she prefers contacting them through e-mail. Phone calls were just her reserves for emergencies.

At first it was awkward to receive a reply from her parents a week later but after understanding their job and situations, she got used to it. And as if she had any choice anyway.

But the news means they’ll be able to talk to her parents tomorrow. She can’t really imagine how her parents might react and they might never be like Marcel. It made her nervous. Well, half of her is nervous and half is excited. She wondered how she’ll explain everything to them. ‘Should I just say that I fell in love with a guy at first sight and now he’s my teacher?’ She doubts her mother would buy that. Kerchen’s a scientist and doesn’t believe in love at first sight! But she won’t be alone at that time. Thinking about it, it made her calm.

She started to dial on her phone for another call.

“Good morning. Yes?” The voice from the other line answered.

“Emette?”

“Oh,” He groaned over the phone. It made Rishi’s heart skip a beat. Just how sexy can his morning voice be? “Do you know what time it is? It’s a Saturday even.”

She shook her head to distract herself from the sexiness and answered. “Sorry. I was also woken up by a phone call and figured I’d do the same to you.”

“I’ll make you pay for this.”

She heard shuffling from the other side of the line. It must have been him, trying to sit up on the bed or trying to get off from it. She could picture him perfectly. Except for his clothes. She’d seriously wish she could see the sight.