CHAPTER 38

Emette laughed. “Damn. I really am in love with you.”

Rishi’s image by door made Emette’s heart kicked gladly but at the same time wonders why she’s here. She had her hands crossed around her chest, legs spread that revealed that long flawless leg thanks to the slit of her dress. She was like a commander in a military base, ordering her soldiers to do their job well. It’s just that, she’s in a dress and she’s too beautiful to be called a commander but a queen. A goddess.

Emette wanted to go to the woman’s side, give her a hug and apologize first but she entered when no one said anything. When Rishi got near him, he was shoved to the side.

“Out of my way, stupid.” His goddess said with solid eyes.

Emette almost stumbled out of awe of what Rishi can do at a time like this. He just hopes that she realizes where she is and who’s on that bed.

Russel giggled behind him and Emette gave him a glare.

Rishi noticed the reaction and squinted her eyes on them. “You boys, behave.” Her stern command that made the two boys took their seats.

She switched to the one lying on the bed. Marcel looks so weak and fragile. It’s almost as if she can no longer tell it’s her if it weren’t for her eyes that sparkles the same light as Emette’s and her hair in almost the same color as the person she loves. Her wrinkles on her face also doubled since the last time she saw her on that day. Those dark circles around her eyes made her older than her age. She’s still 58, right?

She took Marcel’s hand and almost dropped a tear seeing her body. The sick woman was almost all-bones. Rishi tried to fight against her tears so she could give out a smile.

“Hello, doctor. It’s me, Rishi.” She said, making sure her voice was normal. Her years of growing up away from her might have changed her vocals but that didn’t matter.

“Rishi?” The weak woman said under her breath and smiled. “You look so beautiful. More beautiful than Chenny when she was your age.”

“Really? Thank you. Mom wanted to extend her love.” Rishi kissed Marcel’s forehead. The woman’s skin was hot that Rishi almost flinched. At least, it indicated she was alive. “She can’t let go of the project at the moment.” She added with her smile.

“Oh, I love Chenny too. Please tell her that.”

Rishi felt Marcel’s grip on her hand. She swallowed to fight her sob.

“No, you will be telling her. She’ll be here after seven days.”

The sick woman let out a soft laugh. “You know, I don’t have that much time. Not when this thing’s beating.” She pointed her chest, the area of her heart, with shaky hands.

Rishi held Marcel’s hand with both of hers. “No, you’ll be fine.” Her voice was already shaking.

Marcel laughed again. It was weak but understandable with her current situation. “Don’t tell me that when I know better of my situation, my dear. You might have forgotten who I am.”

She’s dying and she’s in bed. But why is she so strong to even be proud of who she was and who she is?

Rishi can’t deny it. She wanted to believe that Marcel can be saved, that she can still live. Even if it’s a lie Rishi wanted to cling to it. Marcel is such a wonderful woman with a heart that saves people. How come she’s inside a hospital now, in bed, and dying?

Rishi’s tears and sobs started.

“I know who you are.” She tried to say through her cries. “You’re the wonderful woman who told me to find a dream. That it doesn’t matter if I take the wrong dream as long as I go forward, going somewhere.” Rishi let out a few breaths and Emette came to give her shoulder a firm grip, giving her power to talk. “You were the one who asked me questions that even my parents never dared to bring up with me. You were the one who made me think about what I want to do with myself, what I plan for the future. You were that one person… whom I couldn’t give any answers to. The one who… ” She paused for a swallow and a sob. “The one who made me meet Emette. The one who gave me a reason to live, someone to love, something to look forward to. The one who gave me a world I never thought of.”