CHAPTER 7

“Sorry.” He apologized. “But if you answer me right now, it’ll be bad.”

When Emette was out of the bath, wearing the wardrobe that Rishi had lent him, he went to the washing machine to quick clean-and-dry his clothes. Since it takes a while for them to be in the dryer, he went to the living room and saw Rishi pouring some tea by the small dining table.

Rishi’s apartment is not that big or that small either. It’s actually a little big for one person to live in but maybe that’s because her father often visits her or so it could cater their family size whenever they want to stay for a few days. He learned from her that her mother usually goes to different countries because of her job and her father travels as well in order for him to write his articles and sometimes goes after her mother in another country. She also has an older brother whom he hasn’t heard anything of yet. Asking her would be awkward.

He looked at his right side and saw a cabinet full of trophies and medals. By the looks of their designs and tags, they are must be her awards from tennis tournaments and school recognitions. He had some collection in his room too only in a more number than hers. But he doubts these are the only ones she has. He looked straight ahead to see a sofa and some comfy stool just enough to fit her family and a few visitors. He can see three doors around him. One of them could be her room but finding out which one, he pushed that thought away.

His eyes went back to his left side. Her kitchen, dining table and her refrigerator. There are some cabinets just above the head of her lavatory for storage.

She has a nice apartment. Very convenient.

He pushed the thoughts about her apartment when he saw the girl up-close. The strawberry-printed pajama, that he failed to notice earlier because of inner rage, suits her so well. Although childish, it was just so amazing to think that this girl can have this kind of charisma outside school.

In school, Rishi’s cool and almost all of the students looks up to her as a role model – be it with tennis, academics and looks. And that’s what makes it obvious as to why the guys like her which makes him pissed off.

“Tea?” Rishi offered when she noticed his presence out of the bathroom. “Or you prefer something else?”

“Tea.” He replied as he went to his way to search for a good spot on the dining table near where the girl stands.

Rishi picked the opposite seat from him and took a sip from her cup after giving his share. Emette watched her as she simply did some minor movements that had always caught his attention. He recalled his state whenever it was homeroom session.

He has to teach Chemistry while trying to control his eyes, not to land on the girl’s direction. He has to refrain from calling her name when there are a lot of students that needs improvement inside the class to choose from. He had to give the other students the same attention since he’s a teacher. But right now, they are not inside the school grounds so that would erase their student-teacher relationship. And just thinking about how those limitations are lifted from his shoulders, he can’t help his feelings towards her to increase like it could overflow any minute.

Her profile view would always be so attractive that his eyes couldn’t even sway away even if he tried his best. But he knew that no matter where or from what point of view he sees her, she would always look beautiful.

He loves this girl. And every time he sees her, he can’t help his heart from beating fast.

“Rishi,” His sweet voice called to the girl who was just looking at the window.

 “Hm?” A smiling face turned to him.

“I love you.”

A cup of tea almost spilled. It slipped from Rishi’s hands to the table. The distance was just too small that the liquid is still inside the cup but it showed her surprise – which he sees as something refreshing.