CHAPTER 10

“Want to come over for dinner tonight?” - Emette

The next day, Rishi and Emette often caught each other’s eyes but obvious enough that they are avoiding getting close to each other. Just having their bodies close makes everything inside them excited – which is something they would not like having while they are at school. But everyone can tell that Emette’s mood changed and it even influenced his teaching. More charisma points were earned on his side.

Since Rishi is excused from club activities because of the tournament, she doesn’t have that much anything to do. She’d like to go home but she will end up doing nothing if she does. Studying is something she’s not even thinking as of the moment.

“Going home now?” A very familiar voice rang behind her that made her spin with great expectation on her face.

She saw Emette, holding some documents in his hands, wearing his usual polo set and slacks with a neck tie – the usual Emette that everyone’s seeing everyday in school. It made her a little proud since she’s the only one who saw Emette in a bathrobe and even naked. She blinked hard so she could push the thoughts to the corner of her mind and tried answering his question.

“I’m thinking of doing that but…”

“Then why don’t you help me out a little? It’ll make me go home earlier than usual.”

To spend time with him was what she always wanted and the same goes with him. She took some documents from his hands and walked with him towards the teacher’s office.

Rishi did end up helping Emette with his work. Although they were just mostly document sorting and some small calculations on some scores and stuff. But it helped a lot on passing her time with nothing to do.

“Ah, Rishi,” Emette caught her attention when they are already preparing to go home. When she turned her head towards him, he continued, “You’re going straight home now?”

Rishi’s head searched for a clock around and saw it is still 5:22 PM. “Too early to do that for now. Why?”

“Want to come over for dinner tonight?”

Rishi was stunned at the sudden invitation. Of course, she knows that he’s staying with his mother right now but it’s still a little too sudden.

“Well, last night – no, earlier, rather – when I arrived at home, my mother, Marcel, caught me and… Well…” He hesitated a little but it didn’t stop him. “The conversation went to introducing a certain woman to her.”

“What?!” Her voice raised a few notes that showed her surprise and confusion. She looked around the office to see if there’s anybody who have heard her but seen no one. There were only a few people left inside the office by that time. She sighed and silently thanked her luck before continuing. “Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten that I am your student, Mr. Emette Romerole?” She tried scolding with a lower tone.

Emette replied her fierce eyes with the same ones. “I didn’t, obviously, Ms. Rishi Domnast. But what can I do? I’d like to introduce you to her too. Can’t?” He tried to match her voice for a tease.

“W-well,” she was taken a little back with his words. Anyone would. When a guy introduces a woman to their mother, wouldn’t that usually sounds like asking permission for their relationship? Emette’s thinking of telling her mother about them. That would only mean he wants his mother to acknowledge them as lovers. Her face reddened. “I am fine with it but your mother…”

“Don’t worry.” His hand extended to her head and gave her a gentle pat for assurance. “She’s a wonderful person.”

It was the first time she heard Emette ever talked about his family and now that he is, his eyes glitter with so much warmth. With a new expression she just saw, she became curious. How Emette is if he’s at home? How would Emette face his mother? His father? His siblings? She wondered what kind of sides Emette has that she haven’t seen yet. She wanted to know every detail in Emette’s life.