CHAPTER 32

“Don’t worry, Rishi. I’ll make things right. And this time, I’ll make sure of it.” - Kerchen

Kerchen exited the stage after hearing the applause of the crowd. They were presenting their initial results in Arch’s Auditorium. The hall’s actually large and can cater all of Arch’s population. The initial results presentation is usually done two weeks before the end of the contract. But if she was to be honest, their final results are already in her hands. They were done almost a week ago because of Rishi and Emette’s side experiments.

Their results showed a good compatibility. Together with the catalysts Felipe Puerto had created, they managed a more powerful activation than the one that was planned. Although changes like that are normal in researches, she still can’t believe that they have thought of doing these side experiments. Especially on Emette’s case who initiated it.

Once she took her last step from the stairs, she was greeted by Stella Astra.

“Good work, Prof. Domnast.”

“Thanks and please, Kerchen’s fine now that there are two of us.” Kerchen look over Stella, towards her daughter’s direction, looking satisfied. After another second, she switched back to Stella. “We need to prepare for the final presentation in two weeks time. Get everyone at Apollo’s meeting hall before two.”

“Roger.”

Stella started on pushing buttons on her multi-note and calling each team leaders with her intra-phone. Even though Kerchen had thought that Emette is like a leader, no one can still beat Stella’s swiftness when it comes to her work. It’s one thing she noticed in her that she wanted to have her around.

“Also, let everyone know about the party next week.” Kerchen said and left Stella so she could see her daughter.

A party is usually held a week before the final presentation if they managed to get a successful research. It’s Arch’s way of saying thank you to their hard work. Everyone, not only the project members can join, but other Whites can participate as well. It’s a small party where they usually use as a chance for exchanging calling cards and contact information so they could arrange another team in the future with ease.

Kerchen reached Rishi. “You also need to prepare a dress.”

“I kinda like the one from last time. I’ll use that.”

“But I’d like you to have a different one. Contact Loraine and tell her we need new dresses.”

“But mom, that’s too much. I don’t need a new one. I can still wear my old ones.”

“Rishi, these parties only comes once in a while. Not every research we do get these good results so go ahead and don’t hold back.” Kerchen noticed her own words. It was as if she was telling her something else and not about the dress.

“Then what will I do with the others? Frame them?”

“We can send them to Sun and Moon. You’ve been donating to them since you started, right?”

Sun and Moon is an orphanage that Rishi found during her stay in Alaska. After her debut as a researcher, she decided to donate her extra money to the orphanage. She actually doesn’t know how to spend her money. She’s been saving some too but she sees the cash as too much. Just like how her mother spoils her with allowances since her brother got himself a stable job as a lawyer.

“They are kids, mom. They don’t wear dresses my size.”

“The caretakers can.”

“We don’t even know if they can fit. Chelsea’s about my size but I doubt we have the same build.”