CHAPTER 19

He almost broke down but he held his balance into Rishi’s shoulders. “Just don’t ignore me. Don’t go anywhere where I can’t see you.”

Rishi felt worn out after club activities. She’s now on their club room and she felt so relieved. There, no teachers, no males, no handsome charismatic freaky pervert would come in close. She’ll have no problem keeping away him. But because of today, she learned how hard it was to ignore the man. She did avoid him successfully today but she doubts she’ll be able to do the same tomorrow or the following days.

Ignoring Emette Romerole was a hard mission that even without tennis, she was totally beat. She can’t even believe that this was the kind of effect the man can implore at her. Before, she was already satisfied that she gets to greet him whenever they pass each other by. That she was able to play a match against him during club activities and to talk to him if they had the chance.

Now, everything is so different. She started to ask more, expect more and wanted to be with him more.

“Rishi, are you really okay?” Worried Grace appeared in front of her once again.

“I’m fine. Totally.”

“You’re lie is too obvious that even a four-year old kid would doubt you.” Grace eyed on her junior.

“I’m really fine, captain. Just tired.” She stood up from her chair and searched for her towel from her locker to prepare for a shower.

“You’ve been acting weird since I saw you at lunch time. Is there really nothing wrong?” Grace came next to her, opening her own locker.

Rishi avoided her captain’s invading eyes. She knew Grace is just too sharp. “Yeah. It’s just some unpleasant things…”

“Unpleasant?!” Grace’s voice rose, indicating her surprise. “Is this Emette’s doing? I’m going to kill that monster!” She gritted her teeth while talking.

Grace’s treatment towards Rishi is what the other students are so envious about. She always stands as Rishi’s big sister ever since the girl joined the club. It was always Grace who approaches her and meddles with her business. Since Rishi doesn’t have that much friends and heaven knows why even up until now she doesn’t, it was always to Grace she would run for company.

“It’s not Emette’s fault. He’s just… a monster.” Rishi laughed in her own words for she doesn’t know what word to use and ended up with Grace’s phrase.

“Yes, a monster, isn’t he?” Grace nodded. “I even wonder why the girls like him so much.”

“It would only mean he’s an effective teacher, right?”

“Well, I guess there’s that.”

Rishi knew Grace would agree since she had been Emette’s student last year. Even if you ask anyone around school on how they see the monster as a teacher, you’ll hear all praises he deserves.

“Anyway, if something comes up, feel free to talk to me.” Grace said as farewell. She stuffed her towel and racket bag in her locker then headed to the door.

Grace is well aware that what’s bothering Rishi must be something she can’t say. She doesn’t really want to push the question on her junior either.

Ever since she’d seen Rishi play during the try-out, she knew for sure that she has a future in tennis. The girl has skills she doesn’t have. She also felt envious of her once. Just having a natural talent in tennis, carries good brains and has unconditional beauty. Who wouldn’t envy such existence? While she struggles with her grades, Rishi tops hers. While she practice harder than anyone and almost would take overtime every day, Rishi just plays leisurely and with the way she wants but still improves faster than anyone else.