Chapter 20 Rarissima

Couldn't find a pic that fits this chappie so... Long hairs instead ._.

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

Rarissima: extremely rare books.

In which it was certainly a rare experience for Bam to see Evolet like that, but he certainly welcomes it if it wasn't for the fact that he can't stop blushing if she does that.

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

They were walking back home with groceries in tow when that incident occurred. Wangnan and Yihwa had accompanied Evolet on her late night grocery run because they ran out of some ingredients. About halfway back, a man stopped them in their tracks, blocking the way. But before they could say anything, the man had beaten them to it.

"Ms. Yvette, please go out with me!!!"

.

.

.

Wangnan stepped forward first, about to pummel the man with the little strength he had. Before he could attempt to do so, Yihwa restrained him. Evolet looked at them quizzically, but decided to deal with the man first.

"Maybe... you should introduce yourself first?"

"Ah, pardon me. My name is Faux, pleased to make your acquaintance Ms. Yvette."

Very briefly, you could see a glint in Evolet's eyes as her lips twitched, suppressing a smile. It passed too quickly to be noticed. "And go out where exactly do you mean?"

The man didn't look like he expected the reaction. Most likely thinking that Evolet had accepted his offer. The duo behind Evolet knew better. Shaking their head sympathetically for the man, fully aware that Evolet simply didn't understand his implication of dating and thought it was an invitation for an outing. "How about the Shinheuh Aquarium tomorrow?"

"I suppose I do have time tomorrow... I'll meet you at the entrance at lunch time then. I reckon you'll buy me lunch while you're at it?"

The man nodded energetically and left in a hurry after that, looking considerably happier than someone who just passed a floor test. Maybe there's a part of Yihwa that was wondering if Evolet actually knew that she was asked to go on a date. As the situation finally sank to his mind, Wangnan forced Yihwa to let go of him.

"Oi, Flamethrower! What are we gonna do about this?!" Wangnan asked her in a shout whisper.

"Simple, we drag Viole along with us to spy her tomorrow. That way we can see his reaction and we can also interfere in case anything happens."

... "What if we get killed by him?"

"He won't do that... Probably."

"... We're gonna die aren't we?"

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

Not long after Evolet set out the next day, Wangnan and Yihwa dragged Bam along with them to tail Evolet on her little "outing". Evolet was absolutely aware that they were trailing her, especially when they were utterly failing at hiding their presence. Bam on the other hand, was asserting his presence instead for some reason, which made Evolet extremely self-conscious throughout the day.

The man had kindly ordered an extravagant lunch beforehand before their planned aquarium tour. So far lunch was going quite well with some pleasant conversations Faux sparked. Evolet spaced out a little during their chat, looking dazed.