Chapter 15 Nummary

Nummary: of, like or pertaining to coins or money

In which Bam is just happy that Evolet is back, but Hansung says it's business time and it's all Yunuen's fault.

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

With a huff, Jinsung extinguished his cigarette before entering the training room. Bam was still fighting with the manmade golem although he visibly improved leaps and bounds judging by how easy he looks like while beating the golem. Jinsung nodded his head in satisfaction, Bam was ready to tackle the floors. His training regimen will just get more difficult as they progress through the floors, and Jinsung still needs to see how pairing up with Evolet will affect his fighting style. His chemistry with Evolet, as Jinsung said. A part of him wonders if he’ll ever get a grandchild from the two. It seems like Bam finally noticed his arrival. “Master? Is something the matter?”

“Viole, you can take a break for the rest of today.”

He was about to ask the reason, only to be immediately cut off by Jinsung. Though… That one sentence was sufficient to make him dash out of the room. “Eve just returned earlier.”

Jinsung could only sigh at the trail of dust indicating Viole’s sudden run. He lit up another cigarette before walking leisurely to search for Bam. Not even a few minutes later, Jinsung found Yunuen instead who was just leaning against the wall, waiting with an impassive look. Instantly, he knew the same thing had happened on Yunuen's side. "She's gone?"

Yunuen just raised an eyebrow, unimpressed with the question before proceeding to stare at the empty hallway again. In the end, Jinsung just joined him because he had nothing to do and he couldn't find Bam. Yunuen gave him a look before pulling out a small chessboard. The FUG personnels only looked at the duo playing chess in the middle of the hallway weirdly as they passed, but didn't dare to say a thing.

Meanwhile, Bam ran blindly. Not knowing where to go without directions but hoping to meet Evolet by chance anyway. Which is why currently he’s lost in the maze of confusing hallways. The sudden realization that he should’ve properly asked Jinsung for directions started seeping into Bam’s mind. His steps slowed down as he walked aimlessly. It wasn't quite for a while before Bam stopped, seeing something from the corner of his eyes. A thin golden string that vanished as soon as he tried to reach it. Bam stared at his hand quizzically, confused as to what that was. He heard a soft laughter behind that he would recognize anywhere.

"Did you get lost, Bam?" The question was asked in an overly fond tone, almost teasing in a way.

Bam turned back, and as he expected, standing there was Evolet who's been gone for a year. Momentarily, his breath hitched, looking at Evolet who was smiling softly and waiting for him to say something. Bam's eyes were fixated on Evolet, studying the changes in her appearance while Evolet also did the same to him. Both Evolet and Bam’s hair were longer than before. Bam’s hair already reached his shoulders, tied in a ponytail. While Evolet’s hair already reached past knee-length, nearing calf length. Bam decided the look in her eyes hadn't changed much. Still showing that kind gaze, a tender affection, blue-violet orbs brighter and even more alive than he's seen it before. Bam ran to Evolet, pulling her in an embrace and unwilling to let go. One arm wrapped around her waist while the other snaked to her shoulder as Bam nuzzled into the crook of Evolet's neck. He could feel the vibrations from her laugh. She hugged him back and Bam missed this comforting feeling so badly before.

"I promised you I'll always be back, didn't I?" Bam's response to that was tightening the hug and a nod. He’s never been so glad Evolet kept her promise and came back to his side.