Prologue

What do you desire?

.

.

.

Money and wealth?

.

.

.

Honor and pride?

.

.

.

Authority and power?

.

.

.

Revenge?

.

.

.

Or...

.

.

.

Something that transcends all these?

.

.

.

Whatever you desire

I̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶

Shall I grant it to you?

.

.

.

The beloved child of the Tower

.

.

.

Who bears both a curse and a blessing

.

.

.

Fate...?

.

.

.

"That doesn't mean a thing in my presence."

.

.

.

The will of the Tower itself

.

.

.

A new King candidate

.

.

.

"Become the King, and everything shall be yours."

.

.

.

The rightful Crown of the King

.

.

.

"If you wish it to be... then I'll alter the course of Fate itself, my King."

Back in the olden days at an unknown location in the Tower, a lone woman was walking. Her hair a shade of light lavender, amaranthine eyes burning with vengeance that'll be passed down through the history of time. Despite how she's been walking on for an eternity, body battered and bruised while her mind gone from rage and sorrow.

"I'll bring this all to an end, Jahad... No matter what it costs."

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

In the past not far from the beginning of their climb, another girl with the same light lavender huddled at a dark corner while curling into herself. The white dress she was wearing was stained with fresh blood, a few signs that it was stabbed with a knife of some sort, though the girl herself had no more wounds as of now. Her eyes were those of blue-violet, seemingly dead to all without any kind of shine in it. The ghosting whispers ate away at her consciousness even if she tried to block it out. Tears were cascading down, though the girl didn't seem to realize it in the slightest bit. She didn't have the power to change fate. She just wanted all of it to be over and rest peacefully.

She wouldn't have guessed how her encounter with a certain brunette would change her drastically nor the adventure that awaited her in the future. The string of new meetings that would come right after along with a particular bluenette and newfound feelings as she faced the upcoming challenges and the remnants of her past. A duty and promise she needed to fulfill.

"Your name... will be Evolet. Evolet Euterpe."

"Evolet...?"

.

.

.

Now, climb to the top. I'll be waiting, my Eve.

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

A/N:

This prologue alone has enough context to last until the 3rd book *sips tea* Now, enjoy your ride of fluff, angst, and slow burn sweethearts.