Chapter 7 Utinam

Utinam: earnest wish or desire

In which Evolet's one and only wish was to stay with Bam and Khun but the world just doesn't allow it.

\(๑╹◡╹๑)ノ♬

With the game over, the exhausted regulars were given three days of break. During those three days, Khun was the one who watched over Evolet and Bam, switching rooms every few hours to take care of them. Evolet was the first to awaken. She regained her consciousness on the second day; instantly greeted by Khun who was glad at the sight. Khun explained what had happened after the game briefly before asking if she was still hurting anywhere. Evolet, being the high pain resistant girl she is, didn't even hesitate to answer with a no. Although in reality the bruises from the staff's impacts were still there and probably aren't disappearing anytime soon, not that it will bother her. With that out of the way, Evolet quickly inquired about Bam's condition.

Hearing that Bam was still unconscious, Evolet requested Khun to take her to where he is. At first Khun was reluctant, but he eventually caved in since Evolet's room wasn't that far from Bam's. Evolet looked at Bam who was lying on his bed, head bandaged. She bit her lip, feeling guilty that she couldn't protect him; that is was her fault he ended up like this, because she was still too incompetent. Khun sighed seeing the look on Evolet's face, telling her not to blame herself and that Bam wouldn't blame her either. Doubt was clear on her face, but she nodded anyway. What kind of person would she be if she made Khun worry too.

Evolet stood beside the bed, her hands grasping Bam's. Then suddenly she told Khun that she was the reason Bam hasn't woken up yet; because she placed a temporary seal on Bam's Shinsu to lessen the damage. "I'm going to lift the seal now. The Shinsu overflow also needs to be dealt with… I'll make something out of it."

Khun nodded and watched in interest. He didn't know that someone's Shinsu could be sealed even if only temporarily. He'll have to ask further about this later. Evolet had closed her eyes in concentration, slowly lifting the seal she had placed on Bam and at the same time drawing his Shinsu overflow to her instead so he wouldn't be overwhelmed later. When she opened her eyes, the blue-violet color seemed glazed; out of focus from the amount of Shinsu inside her that she's restraining. Evolet snapped back to focus when Khun called her name. She gave him a reassuring smile before getting to work with the large quantity Shinsu and starting a light conversation with Khun.

"Khun-san, you're curious about the Shinsu seal aren't you?" She asked with a knowing childish smile.

Khun replied with a smirk, getting to the point. "Yeah. I never knew that was possible."

A giggle from Evolet. "It isn't the easiest thing to do so I doubt a lot of people know it."

It’s not a lie, but it’s not the truth either.

A Baang was steadily forming in Evolet's hand as she threw a gaze at Khun who was waiting for her to continue. "While making a Shinsu seal does require expertise in the field; it's rather the condition needed to do so that people typically cannot fulfill."

"Condition?"

"Trust, or connection if you would."

She’s making this up at the spot. It’s true that there’s a certain condition that needs to be fulfilled. And a connection is no doubt similar to it, but not in the way she was explaining it. Seeing that Khun had gone silent, Evolet just continued. "Shinsu is… essentially life. So if I were to manipulate someone's Shinsu to that extent without causing everlasting damage on both sides, they would need to trust me with their life."

"Isn't that similar to permission?" Khun narrowed his eyes.

Evolet shook her head, the Baang in her hands compressing itself as it changed its Shinsu quality. "I don't need their permission to manipulate their Shinsu as long as the trust is established beforehand. Permission can be tricky to get in spontaneous situations like… what happened in the Crown Game."