Chapter 8 Terminative

Terminative: indicating motion up to or time until

In which the countdown to Evolet's departure has started.

\(๑╹◡╹๑)ノ♬

Bam was still unconscious when the regulars were gathered up for the next test's announcement. Khun was slightly worried that Bam would fail the test, but Evolet looked nonchalant as she told Khun to not worry. She said Bam's luck would prevail, not that Khun knew what it meant, not until later at least. Lero Ro entered the room and soon enough started explaining about the next test. He started with a small talk, the regulars didn't really pay much attention to it until he got to the point.

"Well, I will explain to you the test that will begin now." That was the cue the regulars were waiting for.

"The test you're taking this time is the "Positioning Test"!"

"Positioning... test? Which means?" Shibisu asked

"Yeah. I think a lot of you have noticed this already. As you know, the fighting in the Tower it's usually done in teams. The position is in the role that you'll play during these battles. There are a lot of different positions, but basically there is..."

The Fisherman who disarms the anime by using the reel inventory. Thus, they are always at the heart of battle. They can also carry out individual activities.

The Spear Bearer who uses spears to target enemies from behind or finish off what the Fisherman started.

The Light Bearer who lights up the dark Tower, collects battle data, and sends it to the Scout.

The Scout who observes the enemy's movements at the forefront using the observer and helps the Fisherman when they charge.

The Wave Controller who controls Shinsu to assist in battle or overpowers an opponent. They are known to dominate the battlefield.

"Of course there are more positions beyond these five, such as the "Guide", but it doesn't have much to do with you. The only... special position included this time is an Anima."

Anima is a special position and refers to someone who subjugates and controls Shinheuh and other creatures to do their bidding.

"An Anima is quite rare, even among Rankers. Imagine the surprise that came when an Anima suddenly revealed herself, wielding a white armored eel of all things." Lero Ro said pointedly at Evolet who only offered him a polite smile.

Lero Ro put one of his Lighthouse in visible mode. "Beginning now, you will be assigned to one of these five positions. And you will be trained in that position for a month and only the regulars with the highest results get the right to take the next test."

The yellow Lighthouse was enlarged, showing a table of the regulars' positions. "Now, look. This table shows your position according to the results of the previous tests."

Evolet scanned briefly through the list, quickly locking on her name and the positions granted. Wave Controller and Anima, it's more or less what she expected. She doesn't know what's the Best Seed written beside her name was. Different thoughts were going through the regulars' mind. But one of them had asked something that a few, if not all, regulars have noticed. "Sir! What's that "Best Seed" written beside the names?"