Christmas Special

"Khun-san... What exactly is that?" Evolet asked suspiciously while pointing at the monstrosity in the kitchen. A single white plate laid on the kitchen counter, a questionable black blob was on the plate. And Evolet could've sworn it was moving earlier. Was that a face she saw on it...?

"It's... roasted turkey...?"

If he said it was a Christmas pudding then it would've been more believable since... a ruined pudding would resemble a blob. She couldn't even see any traces of the turkey bones. She stared at the failed attempt of a turkey for a few more moments, eyebrows twitching as she realized it was actually moving and promptly threw it in the trashcan along with the plate. She clapped her hands once, smiling brightly as if nothing ever happened in the kitchen.

"Khun-san, can you help prep the vegetables instead?"

Not even a few seconds she took her attention off of him thinking that it was fine, she was swiftly proven wrong. Just when she was about to mix the dry ingredients for the pie dough, the whisk in her hand clattered to the floor as she jumped slightly from surprise when a loud chop resounded throughout the kitchen. Hesitantly, she turned to Khun to see what he did this time.

The knife was stuck to the cutting board after he practically slammed it down to cut a carrot. And he was currently trying to get the knife free from the cutting board. Evolet reached out her hand halfway, lips parted as if she wanted to say something before she sighed and walked over to him with a fond smile.

"That's not how you handle a knife in the kitchen, Khun-san."

Khun stiffened up when he felt her hand on top of his, not noticing how Evolet had gently pulled out the knife with ease. Letting his hand go as she replaced the cutting board and put a new carrot. Evolet stood behind him, placing her hands on top of his as she shifted them to show him the safe way to cut the carrots.

"First, you need to make a claw grip so that you won’t accidentally hurt yourself… Hold the knife like this… Then slice away from your hand and keep your fingers clear of the blade m’kay? Just do it slowly if you’re not used to it.”

Khun wasn’t listening to her explanation. Or rather, he wasn’t able to focus on a single word she was saying. He could faintly feel how her hands were guiding him to cut the vegetables properly and it certainly felt nice. But the reason his brain was currently malfunctioning was because she was practically pressed against him from behind.

He could feel the warmth she was radiating and how she was leaning from behind his shoulder since she was shorter than him. More importantly, she didn’t even realize how her breast was pressing against his back. All in all, it proved to be more of a distraction rather than a helpful guide.

His face was steadily heating up, blood rushing to his cheeks as it was painted in shades of red. His heart was beating so fast that he thought it was a miracle Evolet didn’t hear it. Not that Evolet realized the dilemma of the man in front of him as she continued to maneuver his hands. He doesn’t know if this should be classified into torture or a pleasurable experience.

“I’m home!” Both Evolet and Khun perked up at the voice, Bam was back from his grocery shopping.

“Khun-san, can you handle things here?” Khun nodded mutely at her question as she took off her hands from his and went to greet Bam. As soon as she exited the kitchen, Khun breathed a sigh of relief as he slumped down and covered his mouth with his palm. His face was thoroughly flushed, remembering how a few seconds ago Evolet was still pressed up against him. None of it was good for his heart.

More like, wasn’t the male who was supposed to take on that role in that type of situation? Khun felt like he just lost some dignity as a man and definitely a chance to make a move. Taking a few deep breaths to calm himself down, Khun regained his composure as he stood up and resumed chopping the vegetables correctly this time. He needed to think up a way to make her flustered later.