Chapter 28 Obsign

Obsign: to seal or confirm

In which Khun just needed a little time and a set of actions to confirm that she was truly Evolet.

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

Evolet let out a heavy sigh at her team members sitting in front of her with expectant stares directed at her. Now that it’s come to this, she had some things to explain to them about the situation. Only Wangnan and Yihwa were absent to take care of Khun in a guestroom.

FUG was making everything difficult for her and she still had too many things to deal with added with what just happened at the Hand of Arlene which resulted in a mountain of work for her to take care of. She hasn't even taken care of the previous paperworks that were piling up because of the wager they suggested. Truth to be told, she just wanted to take a short nap before dealing with the turn of events since she could already feel her eyes drooping. Though she doubted the team would even let her do that. So she kept things short and explained it briefly.

Viole was going to participate in the Workshop Battle with the team FUG made for him and Evolet had let Horyang be taken since she couldn’t guarantee proper treatment for him compared to the Workshop. They learnt that the bluenette she brought back was Khun and he was her old teammate along with Viole’s, though she didn’t explain it fully in detail. Before this Wangnan already told them about the Workshop Battle, which was the reason why they kept pushing until the 29th floor without much of a break.

“But… aren’t you also going to participate in the Workshop Battle, Eve?”

“No… To be exact, I can’t.”

“Why?!” Surprise was evident on their expressions, they could see the displeasure she expressed. But they couldn’t back down without a proper reason from her.

“It’s not as if I won’t be on the Archimedes, I’ll just be there for different reasons and I can’t take part in the competition.”

They had a sullen look on their face, knowing that three of their most reliable forces on the team won’t be able to help them in the battle. Evolet shook her head fondly at them as she exhaled a small sigh. “Don’t worry so much. Both Viole and Horyang-san will be just fine. I’ll make sure everything goes well, I promise. I’m sure you’re all tired after today’s events. Worrying won’t be any of use anyway so go take proper rest okay? I’ll check on Khun-san first now.”

That’s what she said, but the team wasn’t insensitive enough to notice that she was the most worried out of all of them. She was after all the team’s Defender, and took it upon herself to ensure the team’s safety in many aspects and prided herself on it. They all nodded to each other, knowing they had to help her if Viole wasn’t here.

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

Khun was lost in his thoughts while drifting between his consciousness, trying to find a connection between all the things he discovered about Bam's death. The gears in his brain turned to a particular memory of how Emily told him that the 25th Bam was alive. Just as he was about to grasp the answer, his concentration was shattered by a scream as he was pulled back to the land of the living.

Cobalt blue eyes opened abruptly, greeted by the sight of a certain blond Regular in a panicked screaming match against a brunette. His eyes drifted down to the flaming acupuncture needle on him, hand reaching out subtly to put the fire out so the bickering duo wouldn't notice his movements just yet. Khun’s never been the one to waste opportunities, especially when he's in full caution against people who he had no clue of. The acupuncture needle was more than enough as an emergency makeshift weapon for him. He quickly jolted up, grabbing the nearest blond and pressing the needle to his neck with a threatening glare.