Chapter 43 Exercitation

Exercitation: putting into practice; exercise

In which Hatz has a newfound respect for Eve after a small spar, and a jelly Bam finds them in a somewhat compromising position.

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

Evolet was still drowsy from her sleep. She woke up with droopy eyes, blinking confusedly at the lack of a certain brunette that she was definitely hugging during her sleep. Rak was snoozing on his stomach not far from her, the space where Bam was supposed to be empty. Bleary with sleep, Evolet reached around with a small whine as she realized Bam was truly nowhere to be seen and she just lost her main source of cuddling.

The purplette was wondering if she should get up and search for him when she shivered lightly, feeling someone breathing down her neck. Come to think of it, there was something around her waist since earlier too. She turned around slightly, trying to get a peek on who was doing so. When she caught the perpetrator, a fond smile curled upon her lips as her gaze softened.

Khun had the most peaceful look she's ever seen on him, breathing in and out slowly in his sleep. His arms were snugly wrapped around her waist as he spooned her, though she had to admit it felt ticklish since he was breathing down the back of neck. It was so comfortable that she considered just sleeping again, which wasn’t hard since she was honestly still drowsy and they even stayed up late last night.

Right… Just… 5 more minutes...

Not even a second after she closed her eyes again, she was promptly interrupted by a notification from her Pocket. Grumbling irritatedly at the interruption, she summoned her Pocket in visible mode and clicked on the new message.

Apparently it was just Yunuen saying that there was going to be a discussion in a few hours and Lero Ro asked her to come and explain a few things. Lero Ro had always been suspicious of her since the Floor of Tests, and no doubt that suspicion only increased after her disappearance and involvement with the Workshop Battle.

With a small resigned sigh, Evolet quietly slipped out of Khun’s hold and sat up. She patted the bluenette’s head, watching with a sleepy smile as his face scrunched up before relaxing to the palm of her hand. As much as she wanted to just hug him and sleep again, she should get up now. She was in charge of making breakfast today after all. Not to mention the date…

That quickly sobered her up, last night’s conversation flooding back into her mind. In the end all she got from Novick was that “date” was a fruit, which isn’t technically wrong but Evolet was sure it had a different meaning. Khun had said “go on a date” and there was absolutely no connection whatsoever to the fruit. What was “go on a date fruit” supposed to mean anyway.

There was one time she tried to look it up on her Lighthouse, only to find out Yunuen actually restricted her access to everything involving “date” and “dating”. Honestly, it made her all the more suspicious especially when there was no one who was willing to explain it to her. At some point she’ll probably ask a random stranger to explain it if she’s frustrated enough.

Lost in her thoughts, the purplette hummed as she prepared herself for the day before wondering what she should cook. Preferably something that’s suitable for hangovers and could be reheated, since some of them are definitely going to wake up late. Let’s just say she ended up making one dish too many after being unable to decide what she should make.

One odd thing that struck her was that Bam was still nowhere to be seen even after she finished cooking breakfast and serving it to some who already woke up. Which was why she was now wandering around the resort to look for him, partly because she wanted to see what the so-called Wolhaiksong resort had to offer. She ended up in front of a random training room after hearing some noises from it. Though much to her dismay, she found Hatz training instead of Bam.