Star Crossed Lovers pt 1

In which Evolet reincarnates endlessly for the sake of one person only until she breaks. And Khun is the Death god who's been watching her journey, deciding it was enough before taking things into his own hands.

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

Would you finally love me in our next life?

Yes… yes. That’s why… Please, smile for me again, love?

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

Evolet Euterpe was by no means a prophet or anything of the sort in this life. But she’d be lying if she didn’t see this coming. Or rather, it’s repeated so many times that she’s lost count of it. The blonde that she was overly familiar with standing in front of her, hands outstretched as she pushed an innocent life down the cliff and into the awaiting embrace of the raging waves. Or was Evolet still an innocent life at this point?

At times she wonders why she never fought back. Or mayhaps it's because she was aware it would be useless? If she didn't die here then she'll lose her life later, still at the hands of the very same person. She didn't reach out her hand futilely like in the nth life she lived, having used to falling apart without anyone by her side.

She hears a haunting scream of a voice she holds dear, his hands desperately reaching out for her as he is held back by whom he calls friends so that he wouldn't fall down along with her. Yet another smile in her last moments was engraved in his memories, his heart broken to pieces with the tears of agony. But only she will bring these fragments of reminiscence to her next life. There was no need for Bam to be burdened with such pain, it would be fine with her alone.

The unforgiving water engulfed her with a freezing chill, lulling her to an eternal slumber as her breath was taken away without mercy. Regardless a small resigned smile curled up on her lips, finding solace in the depths of darkness that had come to whisk her away. Perhaps it was only her imagination when she felt a ghosting warmth enveloping her petite figure, but she welcomed it nonetheless as she breathed her last once more.

You visit me far too often and far too early

Death was an eternal being, watching over the departed souls move on to their next life without any remembrance of what they once were. He stared with veiled indifference upon the foolish lambs who prepared themselves for life and not for death, who feared death for they've yet to live their borrowed time to its fullest. A lonely being hated by many, and loved by few.

All that could be heard in the void was the footsteps of his own breathless existence, along with the rhythmic breathing of the unconscious purplette he was carrying in his arms. Draped in clothes of a saintly white representing purity, adorning a crown of stars that was glowing softly and illuminating the darkness with a dim light, barefoot with anklets of the moon bells. Her appearance was that of a young adult at most, having never lived past 20 in each life she's traversed. Him on the other hand, was wearing a classy simple suit of black befitting the color of Death. His face hidden under a mask, only exposing one of his sharp cobalt blue eyes.

Tens of years were merely a blink of an eye compared to the eternity he’s spent in solitude. Evolet was someone he's seen far too often for his own liking, walking alongside Death as if she was a long life companion of his and not one of Life. If he wasn't aware of her situation then he would've thought that she loved him so much to die every so often in order to visit him. Not that just about anyone else has the privilege to meet him directly, she was a special case after all.