Chapter 39 Obluctation

It's a bit late but, I present to you a Valentine's version of Eve >:D Props to one of my friends who drew this lol I'm simping for her ( ╹▽╹ )

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

Obluctation: resistance; opposition

In which one opposes the other and another opposes yet another. Lero Ro learnt that a certain bluenette High Ranker was not to be messed with and Evolet might be more than what he originally thought.

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

Khun heaved a sigh of relief once he saw Bam was properly summoned, a gaping wound on his side but ready to fight. Beta gritted his teeth at the sight of the brunette, who was already asking Rak to take Wangnan to a safe area.

“You’re not going to run away this time, are you?” Rak asked as he picked up Wangnan.

The golden-eyed Wave Controller smiled as he answered Rak’s question, his tone unwavering and confident. “I won’t. See you later.”

Satisfied with the answer, Rak swiftly jumped away from the scene. Khun’s eyebrows were furrowed, noting that they managed to block the attack somehow but the Lighthouse is slightly damaged so it would be hard to hold on for long.

“Why did you... do such a thing?” Bam asked, standing firm as he faced Beta.

“I told you. It’s because I hate you. Anyway, did you crawl out of there to have a chat with me? Huh?” The brunette only stayed silent at Beta’s taunting grin, opting to take a battle stance with eyes blazing with an intensity to protect what was his. Bam’s answer was clear as day.

Beta grinned wildly at the response he got, Shinsu wings from his Partial Ignition flaring about as he dashed forward with crazed laughter. “That’s more like it!!

The fight had started with both sides exchanging blows, but it was evident that Bam still had hesitation to attack full force on the other. Beta took notice of that, his kick laced with Shinsu connecting soundly as Bam was blown away to the wall. Khun and Yihwa didn’t stay still either at the action. Yihwa was quite literally living up her title as the human flamethrower as her flames bursted as a momentary boundary between Bam and Beta while Khun also jumped down from the Observer Monitor.

The bluenette was rather pissed at the turn of events, his sharp cobalt blue orbs glaring coldly at their enemy. “hey, the game is over now. So why don’t you stop fooling around and go back home? Thanks to you, our long-awaited reunion turned into a mess… and I’m starting to get irritated.”

Beta only scoffed in response, uncaring of Khun’s opinion. “Stop acting cocky. Good for you, Viole. Although their lives are in danger because of you… your friends are still trying to protect you. I’ve lost everything because of you.

Bam had a questioning look, clueless at what the blond was saying but on caution regardless. “After enduring a series of experiments, only the five of us had survived. Should I call them friends… or family? And one day.. a researcher at the Workshop gathered us all together in one place and said…

Kill each other. Only the ones who survive will become the complete Living Ignition Weapon. The last survivor… will be granted freedom.

“That one word, drove us crazy. Kill. Kill. KiLL. KILL!! ...In the end, I killed everyone. And I was the only survivor. But eventually my body became unable to survive a single day without the Workshop’s medicine. Yes. Everything was a lie. A lie made up just for the experiment. I wasn’t allowed to make any friends or have freedom from the beginning. But you want to have everything? CUT THE CRAP-!!” His anger only fueled his power, swallowed by rage.