Chapter 32 Obstreperous

Obstreperous: noisy; unruly

In which there’s just a lot of noise

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

Mornings with team Sweet and Sour weren’t usually this chaotic. But they were currently short on time and most of them haven’t even gotten ready for the day. One of them would be a certain blond named Wangnan who was still rolling around in his bed, drooling on his chin as he slept soundly. Alarms and shouts resounded all over the house while Khun banged on each door and urged them to hurry up. The bluenette was rather frustrated when he noticed that Wangnan’s door was locked and the occupant was still floating in dreamland.

“IF YOU DON’T WAKE UP, I’M NOT TAKING YOU TO THE WORKSHOP BATTLE!!” Wangnan snapped open his eyes at that, shocked by the threatening shout that Khun clearly meant. He didn’t waste any more time, grabbing the bags he packed last night and rushed to the floating ship Khun rented.

“Coming, coming!! I’m coming! Here I am!! How could you even think of leaving me?!” It didn’t take long for him to trip over thin air, stumbling to the ground as his bags flew to the air. Flawlessly, Evolet conjured up a Shinsu platform to catch said luggages in a neat stack. Miseng and Prince clapped for her, somewhat in awe for the little show while both Khun and Dan sighed at the display.

At least after that, things were considerably calmer even if Wangnan's excitement for the Workshop Battle shot up even more. He seemed to be the most excited for it, almost like a kid going on a field trip. Though he was looking forward to the other factors rather than the battle itself.

“I’m… finally going!! To the workshop battle! Will I be able to see the real Endorsi Jahad? Oh, my heart is pounding. And get an autograph maybe?”

Dan nodded along eagerly to Wangnan’s words, and Goseng was all too amused with their enthusiasm. Khun on the other hand, chose to state the facts although there was a hint of playfulness and amusement in his tone.

“We’re fighting against her.”

““No way! That’s impossible!””

“Well… It’s true that they are… quite troublesome enemies...” Khun had a nostalgic expression on, reminiscing the moments he experienced with the team until he separated from them and made his own team for the sake of helping Rachel climb the Tower while observing every possible movement she ever made after betraying Bam on the Floor of Tests. His words trailed off, but none of the team noticed it since it was covered with the small commotion the two men made since earlier.

“I can’t hit the princess! We’re enemies but in love!”

“Oh, I like that concept!!”

“Guys...”

“Oh! But if we’re talking about this year’s Workshop Battle, then the hottest topic must be that!”

“...that?”

Dan nodded excitedly, a dreamy look as he sighed in content. The rest of them stared incredulously, clueless of what he was talking about. Khun raised an eyebrow skeptically at the Scout, not a shred of hesitation as he asked for more details.

“There’s a rumor going around the Regulars, that the goddess will perform in this year's Workshop Battle!”

At the statement, Evolet who had stayed silent during the whole conversation beside Khun suddenly choked. The team glanced weirdly at the Anima who quickly composed herself, taking a sip from the lavender tea that she brought everywhere. She avoided their peering gaze, opting to stare out the blue sky as if she was simply enjoying the view and nothing else.