Chapter 27 Truculent

Truculent: belligerent; cruel; pugnacious; defiant; aggressive

In which... Honestly, just don't make Evolet angry.

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

Evolet could feel the pointed stares from Ran and Novick prickling at her side. Maybe choosing the name Yvette for nickname convenience wasn’t the best decision she’s made. She really wished she could become smaller so she could hide in Bam’s cloak or something. Her gaze was locked on the interesting ground as she tried to scoot even closer to Bam, back to back. Tugging his cloak softly as a silent plea to go away. She was inwardly reprimanding herself for her slip-up, a small frown evident on her expression. As much as she would love to meet with Khun again, she wasn’t going to risk it under FUG’s surveillance. Bam stared at her, unsure of what to do before he relented and turned around to lead her out.

Khun had gone silent when Evolet didn’t answer his question, an eyebrow raised at her quietness and cobalt blue eyes that were too calculative and observant for their own good. Both Novick and Ran recognized the name he called out. For seven years straight, they’ve seen Khun eagerly waiting for the packages sent under the name Eve. It was always interesting to watch him, especially when he would show a rare smile whenever the package came or how he would pace around irritably whenever it arrived late. But why would someone from FUG send those gifts to Khun and his team members? Both of them were incredibly curious about this so-called sender.

As the FUG pair started walking away, Novick looked at Ran from the corner of his eyes. Motioning towards Xiaxia and signalling the bluenette. In response Ran rolled his eyes with an annoyed expression, although he pointed a small spark at Xiaxia’s hand which successfully made her release the detonator as she gasped sharply. Novick didn’t miss the opening, already moving to grab said item. A light smirk was apparent on Khun’s face, relieved that the results of their training somewhat paid off.

Golden eyes widened slightly as the action took place, Bam’s hands already moving to gather Shinsu as he controlled Xiaxia's Lighthouses to use Fast Skip on Novick to stop his movements. Khun was all too familiar with that skill, a part of him recalling the golden eyed Irregular from the Floor of Tests he had failed to protect and missed dearly. Whose last wish he was carrying out despite bringing along the murderer of his own friend.

Khun's teammates watched Bam cautiously for any next move, but the brunette disregarded it completely. He glanced worriedly at Evolet who was frowning with her eyebrows furrowed, undoubtedly perturbed by the whole situation. He could read that her posture was rigid, eager to get away from this place. So he didn't waste anymore time, ordering Xiaxia to stop messing around and if she plays around with his friends' lives then he'll kill her. His words sent chills down her spine, befitting of the God she was searching for.

The look in her eyes went wild as Xiaxia dashed out another detonator from her robe. A crazed gaze as she screamed out fake words that spoke of FUG's so-called God's will.

"My Lord Jue Viole Grace said that ‘he wanted to be nice and let you go, but you’re ruining it with your own hands!! I’m furious now and I shall give you death!! Apologize with your death fools!'”

Both Evolet and Bam abruptly turned around at that, a horrified look on their face as the Hand of Arlene began to crumble down. Explosions ran all over the place as Bam shouted desperately for Khun to run away from this trap. Hoping in anguish that one of his cherished friends that he worked so hard to protect wouldn’t die.

"NO…!!! MR. KHUN!! Run away, Mr. Khun!!! It's a trap!! RUN AWAY, NOW!!!"

Evolet's eyes went blank as she saw Khun standing there as the rubble was about to fall on him, feeling a sharp jab in her chest like a terrible foreboding. She could hear something audibly snap in her, a dangerous switch flipped on. Bam didn’t notice it happening, but the next thing he knew there was a small crater where Evolet stood previously and he watched dreadfully as he noticed her zooming towards Khun with high speeds. All he could hear was a large crash as they were both buried under the wreckage.