Chapter 47 Temperative

Temperative: having a moderating influence

In which Endorsi has a little talk with Bam, and it influenced him more than it seems

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

By no means did Endorsi plan this date with the intention of getting Bam’s heart or anything along the lines. It was painstakingly obvious who the brunette had set his heart on, and even blind people could see that. Well she did have that fleeting thought about 7 years ago when she was contemplating stealing his heart. But that was long in the past and now she didn’t even know why she had feelings for him in the first place.

Maybe a part of her was influenced by his thoughts and beliefs, of how he reminded her the meaning of loneliness. She was a Jahad Princess anyway, getting into a relationship with Bam would do her more harm than good and it'll guarantee their execution.

The childish idealism and innocence of his was a miracle in the cruel Tower. Back then he was still powerless, no actual strength to back him up yet accompanied with a monstrous potential. The Bam who was standing in front of her now was vastly different. Stronger than ever before and much aware of the Tower’s dangers.

And yet… Said prodigal Wave Controller was currently lost in thought. He had caught sight of Evolet and Khun heading to the lavender field, walking leisurely as they struck up randomly confusing conversations with ease. Bam exhaled lightly, not quite knowing what he was feeling. There was a subtle pang of pain in his chest, not one of raging anger or jealousy. Simply a hurtful sensation that something has been taken away from him and it was no one's fault but his. He wanted to reach out to Evolet, call out her name and walk alongside her at his rightful spot.

It was so glaringly obvious that she didn’t understand how they hadn't gotten together. Though she had an inkling as to why that was. Endorsi crossed her arms, expression blank as she sighed unimpressed. “So, what are you going to do now?”

That effectively snapped Bam out of his stupor, blinking slowly as he regained his thoughts and focused on Endorsi again. “Huh?”

“The Workshop Battle is over and you even ran away from FUG. Are you now going to seriously start searching for her?”

He had gone silent, eyes lingering on Endorsi fleetingly before he looked up at the sky. His gaze was one of longing and silent dedication, telling of how he’s willing to chase his brightest star endlessly and give up everything for her.

With that kind of look she could understand why Evolet was so hesitant and unsure about their non-existent yet blatantly obvious relationship. Sometimes she just couldn’t understand what Bam saw in Rachel that was worth chasing. If she had to compare Evolet and Rachel by her standards then it was clear who'd win in every aspect. Well… maybe every good aspect except self confidence and self esteem. She'd like to think he was pursuing Rachel to get answers why she betrayed them. But that wasn't the gaze of someone searching for a bitter answer.

Huffing lightly in irritation, she asked him. "Hey Bam, what do you think about Eve?"

His expression brightened like a kid in a candy store, prepared to give an impromptu speech of all the things he found endearing about Evolet. Seeing that Endorsi immediately raised her hand, prompting him to pause in confusion. “And… stop right there, I don’t want to hear a thousand word essay this early in the afternoon about your undying love. Let me rephrase that question.”

Bam, do you like Eve?

That was the first time anyone has ever pointed that out directly to him. Endorsi thought he would be shocked by her question or perhaps mull over it. If she had asked this two days ago then Bam probably would’ve done so. But as he is now… “Yes, I love her… truly.”