Chapter 33 Fantigue

Fantigue: anxiety or irritation

In which Bam and Evolet are getting irritated for different reasons.

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

Bam was staring at the night sky, his thoughts haunting his mind. He hasn't seen Evolet for far too long now. A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he kept his gaze on the starry sky. It reminded him of Evolet's eyes. Bam has always thought it was an odd thing. His name was the one who meant the night. And yet whenever he saw the night sky, it was Evolet's blue-violet eyes that came into his mind first. His lips curled up into a brief smile, playfully thinking that maybe that was the reason why he was always so comfortable with her.

If anyone looked carefully at him, then they would've seen the subtle signs of eyebags that were hidden by his bangs. He was grateful that Evolet practically bribed Xiaxia to their side since it made things a lot easier on him, but he was still rather upset that Evolet herself wasn't by his side.

Don't get him wrong, the team was competent enough to cover up her spot in battles. But it felt so wrong that she wasn't the one fighting by his side and watching his back. It wasn't as if he needed the FUG team if she was with him anyway. He could just push on mindlessly and keep fighting if Evolet was there. He didn't need to worry about anyone being hurt if she was with him, except Evolet herself; but that's why Bam was the one who needed to look out for her.

Why would he need another Lightbearer? She was skilled enough in her Lighthouse control, and Bam didn't need her to be a leader when they understood each other without saying a word. Why would they need a Fisherman or a Spear-bearer? There won't be a problem as long as he beats all the enemies. And he kept conjuring up reasons why he didn't need anyone else if she was there, some valid while some rather invalid. Bam could feel the pout ever so present on his expression lately. His mood hasn't been the best since they split ways on the Hand of Arlene.

And most importantly, he was just missing her presence as a whole. The nightmares were haunting him again in his sleep, and Evolet wasn't there to chase it all away. Summoning his Pocket in visible mode, Bam poked at it sulkily a few times. Evolet gave her lavender tea recipe to him not long ago in hopes that it would help with his nightmares like it usually does. Bam thinks that it tasted all too different from the ones she brewed. He slept without her warmth in his hold and woke up without catching a glimpse at her peaceful sleeping face. Both of them weren't a fact he particularly liked.

She called him fairly often, but it was far too short for his liking because they couldn't be found out by FUG. And just yesterday she told him that they won't be able to call anymore until the Workshop Battle ends. His eyebrows furrowed even further at the memory, becoming increasingly displeased. He wanted to hear her soothing voice, see her gentle smiles, hug her and just stay like that for the whole day so he could relish in her calming presence. He slumped down and leaned on the balcony railings, staring intensely at his Pocket as if by some miracle Evolet would call him and let him hear her soothing voice.

His eyes wandered to the cityscape laid in front of him. A part of him wondering if his teammates, both old and new were there. Khun looked like he was doing rather well when he accidentally met the bluenette in the Hand of Arlene, with the exception of the whole FUG incident. It brought about a sense of reassurance to him. At least he knew his friends were fine. Though he didn’t know how he was supposed to deal with FUG if they took actions like that. He was sure Evolet had some kind of plan. She always did, telling him that everything will be okay and if it isn't then she'll make sure everything will work out. Not even once have those words been wrong.

Somewhat abruptly, his gaze snapped towards someone's frantic movements on the lonely street. He glanced at the running man confusedly, wondering why he was running before he caught sight of something chasing said man. And Bam didn't even think twice before jumping down to help the man.