Chapter 17 Gonfalonier

Gonfalonier: Standard-bearer

In which the regulars could never pass if Bam was the standard-bearer.

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

This is… getting ridiculous.

But Evolet wasn't going to complain about it, at least it was amusing to watch. She was sitting down beside Bam, watching the unfolding scenes every time the blond Regular stood up with each Regulars' arrival. He was all fired up to take someone out of the competition, only to back off from attacking repeatedly with various excuses. Although he did snap on the little girl sitting beside her sister. The elevator opened again, revealing another regular participating in this test. It was a silver haired man with golden eyes who had an ominous aura surrounding him. Which came as a surprise when he proposed a truce first before the blond Regular could say anything.

Though clearly his words had a catch. The man swiftly suggested voting out two people instead of fighting. He voted for the youngest girl in the room before prompting the blond Regular to cast his vote next. Said girl's older sister didn't take it lying down, already shouting out words of protest. And while Bam wasn't voicing it out, Evolet could see that he disliked the way this conversation is heading to. Apparently the blond Regular was having none of it either, voting for the silver haired man in order to eliminate the stronger candidates rather than the weaker ones. The man just raised up his hands in resignation from the blond's words.

A large brunette man wearing a brown coat casted his vote next, choosing everyone in the room. Coincidentally it seemed to be Bam's breaking point too. Seeing how he abruptly stood up, albeit slowly to gather their attention on him.

"There's no reason to vote. Because you will all fail the test because of me."

Knowing the situation was down the drain, Evolet conjured a small Baang hidden in the safety of her oversized sleeves while keeping her eyes trained on Bam's soon to be opponents. The silver haired man already took his weapon out, a lance striped in black and white. Brandishing his weapon by Bam's neck as he asked if Bam was truly serious. Bam didn't answer the question, opting to push the lance away gently before switching to offense and forcing the man to retreat within a few moves. The coat brunette attempted to stop Bam, warning him that it would only be wasteful of his energy. That didn't succeed the least, Bam unwilling to back down even as the man readied his fist.

A blast of Shinsu was fired off from the lance, heading straight to the two brunettes. Only to disperse when it hit a Shinsu shield Evolet casted silently. The silver man who fired the attack narrowed his eyes at the failure, saying that it was simply an accidental mistake. Bam didn't waste the opening, already attacking the large brunette with well aimed kicks. Sharp golden eyes scanned the room briefly, as if searching for something before the owner aimed another shot with his lance. It was easily deflected with yet another Shinsu shield. The larger brunette actually stopped his counter attacks with the silver regular's shot, unappreciative of how he attempted to shoot the both of them twice now.

Instead of paying attention to the oncoming fist from the coated brunette, golden eyes locked on to Evolet's small figure. The silver haired Regular leapt off, dodging a fist as he strengthened his lance with Shinsu and making a beeline towards Evolet. She quirked up a small smile at the attempt, not moving an inch even as the man neared her with high speed. Shinsu started manifesting in front of Evolet, forming a shield in the nick of time just as the Shinsu crackled when the lance came in contact with it.

"As I thought… You were the one conjuring the shields."

The man was still trying to break the shield, forcing his lance to break through with no avail. Perhaps it would've worked with the man's strength if he was up against a normal F rank regular. A pity the shield he's trying to break wasn't that of a normal regulars' capability. Evolet smirked lightly at the man, still sitting calmly as if there's no one attacking her.