Chapter 38 Vis

Vis: force; power

In which power comes in many forms, whether you realize it or not. Gustang knows it all too well.

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

The Son of Arlene and V probably didn’t realize what kind of legendary treasure he'd landed on, Gustang thought as he stared at Evolet. A large scale uprising was most certainly a possibility if the words of her worth were leaked, people would be scrambling to grab ahold of the trump card to change the tides. Though even if it did, then it will be in the far future since no sides were willing to disclose the old legend that Jahad erased from the Tower’s history.

Evolet was half paying attention to the live stream of the Growth Tournament on FUG and Sweet and Sour coverage while typing about on her Lighthouse, most likely cooking up some sort of scheme. No doubt Madoraco would be taking a hard hit from whatever she’s planned. Gustang wasn’t blind to what she’s been up to these few years since she entered the Tower. He was much aware of the connections she steadily built, of what she’s been doing behind FUG’s back with their ignorance. The minority who were informed of it was simply because they were on her side.

Gustang could tell what kind of price Evolet was paying to support Bam. As it stands with her recklessness, FUG would start moving against her to chain her down and control her movements. He was certain Evolet would never stand down should FUG attempt something, most likely she's to retaliate harder and at that point FUG wouldn't be able to handle her reins anymore like they did now. Believe Gustang when he says Evolet was dealing with FUG rather… "mildly" right now.

But should FUG take drastic measures, he was aware that Evolet would survive it either way. But that would also mean she'll change. She breaks but at the same time she didn't, just like before. Jahad won't miss the chance if that happens. It was better for him if the Son of Arlene managed to keep her by his side, but Gustang couldn’t be sure of that when Bam was climbing the Tower for such reasons. Which meant Gustang himself had to prevent Jahad from getting her no matter what. He was certain he wouldn’t be the only one either.

As he observed the movements of the FUG team and Mad Dog team, he briefly wondered when FUG would realize they're playing straight into her hands. He still remembered the abrupt call from Evolet last night, hurriedly asking him about the Living Ignition Weapon that's been let loose from the Workshop and figuring out details of her plan accordingly to the changes. They didn't stand a chance from the start, no matter what kind of card they pulled.

Gustang himself originally didn't have plans to interfere in this whole matter. After all he already got them to back off their hands on the Workshop Battle and all that's left to do was to see how Bam will overcome this, to see if he was truly fit for the Thorn. That plan was quickly thwarted when Evolet came into the picture. There was no way anything would go as planned with how hellbent she was on protecting the golden-eyed brunette. And Gustang didn't need her to do anything reckless that'll get her discovered this early.

Almost abruptly, the bluenette stopped typing as a dark glint swirled in her blue-violet eyes. Evolet frowned as she noticed how Bam's string flickered slightly. He was hurt. When she wasn't by his side, no less. Turning her usual Lighthouse back to invisible mode, she replaced it with a Compact Lighthouse that she specifically prepared for this occasion. Alarms rang as the prisoners in the Intruder Containment broke out along with the start of the battle's Semifinals. Her Pocket beeped, signalling a new message that made her smirk ominously. Without wasting any time, she quickly typed in a reply before turning to Gustang.

"Shall we go now, Gustang-san?"

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸