Chapter 21 Obduracy

Obduracy: stubbornness; persistence

In which Evolet appreciates the team's persistence in training and Yihwa is too stubborn for her own good which resulted in a chop to her neck.

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

Another not so peaceful day has started in the residence of Sweet and Sour team. The next floor test was nearing and Evolet decided it was time for them to step up their gear. Which is why all of the members of Sweet and Sour are lined up in the backyard first thing in the morning after breakfast. A few of them were still yawning, wanting to go back inside and just relax some more. Evolet didn't seem to notice their actions though, solely focused on the oversized Baang in her outstretched hands.

It took a while before she stopped, hands now motioning the Baang to spread out into a vast sphere and maintaining its shape instead of bursting since they didn't have a room to contain the Shinsu in, like they did during the Crown Game. She nodded in approval, thinking the size of the Shinsu sphere would be enough now. Turning back facing the other team members, she flashed them a smile and said, "You know what to do."

The team members sighed mournfully for the lack of a peaceful morning, but headed inside the condensed Shinsu sphere with difficulties nonetheless. Evolet took note of the order they went in, discerning how Yihwa was the first to enter with Horyang following a close second. While Miseng was the last with Wangnan going in shortly before she did.

Her gaze wandered over to the kitchen's window, knowing that Bam was probably in the middle of making some refreshments for post-training. The others were trying their best to move as fast as they could in the Shinsu sphere, preparing themselves for what’s about to come. Evolet also went into the sphere soon enough, moving with particular ease compared to the others. They were all on full caution, ready to bolt at the first sight of that thing. With a crescent smirk on her face, Evolet hummed lightly as she spoke.

It’s time to play, Amos.

The downsized White Armored Eel opened his eyes, turning to Evolet who lightly patted his head tenderly with a fond smile. As soon as she stopped the action, Amos showed a sinister toothy grin before flexing his tail in one smooth motion and swam towards the Sweet and Sour team members with full speed. Evolet was floating calmly near the edge of the sphere, taking in the sight of the others either running or swimming away from Amos. Screams and gurgles could be heard all over the place as the little “Game of Tag” Evolet devised with Amos took place. Yep, it was a rather soothing day for Evolet.

It wasn’t until a few hours later that Evolet finally released her summon and let them out of the Shinsu sphere. All of the members laid on the ground panting, exhausted out of their mind from the constant run lest they wanted to be manhandled by Amos. Shaking her head fondly at them, Evolet went to the kitchen for some refreshments while they rested. As to be expected by the team, Bam also went out this time and helped Evolet bring some cold juice. Now that the tag game was over, all of them looked expectantly at Evolet, wondering who will be called first for the one on one training.

“Yeon-san!” Said girl smirked smugly at the others when her name was called first. Wangnan and Prince glared at her, fully knowing how the orders were decided. Depending on the type of training, Evolet would silently assess their performance and rank them in her head. The one on one training that followed right after was decided by the ranking that Evolet d̶i̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶  make, and whoever was called first was the one who showed the best result of the day. Or at least, that was the theory made by the team’s self-proclaimed genius, Wangnan. Up till this date, there was still no one who could prove the credibility of said theory. They play along with it anyway and now it's become a competition between them of some sort.