Chapter 14 Ubicity

Ubicity: whereabouts

In which Eve is wandering everywhere and Bam just wants Eve back.

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

"Are you ready, Little Eve?"

Evolet's response to that question was a raised eyebrow as she motioned to the dangling bells on both of her ankles. She was wearing a simple knee length off shoulder white chiffon dress, with flared sleeves and gold accents. The usual boots she wore was gone, and she was barefooted with the exception of the anklet bells she's wearing. With every step she took, the bells resounded loud and clear. Evolet grumbled, yawning every once in a while from the lack of sleep. She was chugging down a glass of black coffee rather than her daily sustenance of hot chocolate. Terpsichore could only laugh heartily at the display, finding that it was cute.

"Right, so I'll take that as an affirmative. It's the perfect time for the ceremony, the full moon is out. You still remember my instructions right, Little Eve?"

Evolet straightened herself, traces of her exhausted hidden away as she nodded resolutely. "Halfway through the dance, strengthen the fans with Shinsu. Make sure to keep my balance when the temple surfaces. I still don't understand what you mean by enjoying the dance though..."

Terpsichore showed a soft smile at Evolet's answer, slowly fading back into the folding fans as her words lingered. "You'll understand it soon enough. I leave the rest up to you."

Gripping the fans with a conviction, Evolet stepped into the center of the empty cella and shut her eyes. She evened out her breath, letting her body go lax and started taking light steps. The ringing bells served as her guidance and rhythm, her sleeves and skirt fluttering with each turn. The delicate hold of the fans never faltered, moved around skillfully with elegance. A soothing feeling was flowing around her, surrounded by the darkness in the depths of the water, dancing alone and pouring her feelings out. Her body felt light, her movements crisp and graceful as she performed the war fan katas turned into a dance with smooth transitions and turns.

She could feel the Shinsu flow around her in the form of strings, just like how she always viewed it. A million thoughts should've been running through her mind, especially with how things have been going lately. But that wasn't the case at all. The Shinsu strings reaching out to her were clearer than ever. Her feet could feel the vibrations as the temple started moving upwards. She fortified the pair of fans with her Shinsu, unknowing of how the fans turned jet black and took on a reflective sheen like metal.

There was a lurch as the temple surfaced, but she kept her balance with the help of the Shinsu strings around her. Splashes of water were everywhere and she opened her eyes mid-turn, catching a glance of her reflection in one of the fan's surfaces along with the gleaming moonlight.

What her reflection showed came as a surprise for her. Her eyes were sharp and calm, no shred of doubt or worry in her eyes. But her mouth contradicted her eyes, showing a big grin that caught her off guard. In that split second, time seemed to flow slower and she caught a good look on her reflection; burning the image into her mind. Her mind's never been so clear, she's never enjoyed anything more, everything felt natural. The sensation that was like no other, a feeling so joyous as if she was made for this.

She's never felt more alive than this before. With that knowledge, her grin got wider and she picked up her pace. The jingling bells were more frantic, but they didn't stray off the tempo. Her grin only grew as she speeded up her spins more and more. Lavender shade hair was swaying wildly in the wind, but never getting in her vision. Shinsu strings started glowing, manifesting out of thin air for the naked eyes too see. The moonlight gave its ethereal glow in agreement, the lilies of the valley basking in the soft glow. Evolet was having the time of her life, all of the exhaustion forgotten and casted aside.