Chapter 1 Canorous

Disclaimer: I do not own Tower of God, any of the characters or the plot (I'm too terrible at drawing to own it). I only own my OC(s).

Canorous: melodious or resonant

In which Bam meets someone with a melodious voice and made his first long-lasting friend (because Rachel is clearly not)

\(๑╹◡╹๑)ノ♬

It was another lonely day in the cave. Bam was sitting silently, waiting for Rachel to come visit him again. But who knows when she will visit again. Her visits have steadily decreased over time. And so Bam was left to just stare at the nothingness while waiting for her. Or at least that was what’s supposed to happen today. But it appears fate had a change of mind when a voice rang out in the silent cave.

“Hello…? Is anyone in there?”

Bam snapped his head up, reacting toward the source of the sound which was the entrance of the cave. “Is it Rachel?” he thought. He was quickly proven wrong as something… scratch that, it’s someone who fell down with a scream. He went over to check on it and found a girl that roughly looked the same age as him with lavender shade hair dressed in all white from head to toe. Her eyes were closed in pain and she was whimpering, softly rubbing her head as if to get rid of the pain. Bam just stared at her as she did that. But when she opened her eyes and spoke… Bam was lost, captivated. Her eyes had the color of blue-violet and it was so reflective that Bam could see his own reflection down to the detail as he stared into it and felt as if he was seeing himself for what he truly is, baring all the secrets he could ever possibly have. And her voice was smooth with a hint of kindness and worry as she asked Bam “Who are you? Why are you here alone? Are you hurt anywhere?”

When Bam didn’t answer and just continued staring at her, albeit with curiosity now; the girl started to panic. She got up and immediately circled Bam, scanning for any possible injuries. When she found none, she sighed in relief and crouched in front of the sitting Bam, looking at him with kindness in her eyes as she softly asked who he was once again. This time, she was rewarded with an answer as Bam meekly answered “I’m the 25th Bam… Who are you?”

The girl let out a serene smile as her blue-violet eyes met with golden ones and answered “My name is Evolet. Evolet Euterpe. But you can call me Eve. It’s a pleasure to meet you Bam.”

Bam radiated awe as they both stared into each other’s eyes. The silence was broken as Evolet asked “What… are you doing in this lonely place alone Bam?”

“I’m waiting for Rachel…”

“She must be important to you if you’re saying her name with such emotion.”

Bam perked up hearing that and nodded his head excitedly, eyes glimmering when he did so. Evolet chuckled at the sight, a melody to Bam’s ears despite not knowing why.

“Then, would you be my friend too Bam?”

Needless to say, that was the happiest Bam’s been all day long. Contrary to Rachel, Evolet visited Bam on a near-daily basis; only missing whenever Rachel visits instead. Whenever Evolet visits, she always brings homemade food and other things with her. Bam’s world had expanded when he met Evolet. She taught her about many things, books, legends, games, common sense, survival tips, and everything that was basic to others. She even brought him clothes weekly and cut his hair. And while Rachel was puzzled at the new additions and changes in the cave, she never cared enough to ask. Once, Bam had asked Evolet if she knew about the stars. Evolet only gave a melancholic smile before she proceeded to tell Bam about the legend of the Tower and what’s on top of the Tower.