onehundredfourtythree

"Fuck fuck fuck," Harry says, rushing around.

"What?" Zain mutters, lighting his head from the pillow and watching Harry get dressed hurriedly.

"It's almost nine," Harry says, gaming the closet door shut and pulling his sweater over his head. "I am so late and that after I haven't been at work for ages."

"You're the boss," Zain shrugs, unconcerned, startling upright when he realises what the time meant. He grabs a pair of sweatpants and dresses, hurrying towards Freddie's room.

"Hi," Freddie says brightly, looking up at him from legos.

Zain breathes an internal sigh of relief and crouches down beside him, kissing his head. "Hi, monster. Have you been awake long?"

"Dunno," Freddie says with a shrug. "Daddy said I could go play after breakfast."

"And you didn't want to wake us?" Zain asks, not sure what he tonight could have happened but still shaking slightly from the sudden rush of adrenaline.

"No, I was playing," Freddie answers unconcerned, crashing his care into a wall.

"Alright," Zain says, kissing his hair again. "I'm gonna have breakfast as well. Love you."

"Love you," Freddie answers, making screeching noises as he reversed the car.

Harry is rushing downstairs when he steps out of Freddie's room, turning on the stairs to look at him. "Is he alright?" He asks.

"Yea, he had breakfast with Louis and was playing," Zain answers. "Look where you're going, babe, you'll fall down the stairs."

"I'm not Freddie," Harry huffs. "I haven't overslept in ages, shit," he says, rushing into the kitchen and grabbing a banana. He almost runs into Zain on his way to the door.

Zain catches him around the waist, kissing him softly. "Don't stress, babe. It happens. And drive safe."

"I will," Harry answers, taking a breath and settling. "Love you."

"Love you, too," Zain answers, letting him go. "Have fun, ok."

"Thank you," Harry smiles brightly. "I'll see you tonight."

"See you," Zain answers and watches him slip into his boots and rush outside, shaking his head slightly in amusement. Punctuality was important but Zain was pretty sure that if someone would be forgiven it was Harry, especially when it was only studio time.

🌱

"So," Harry says, sitting down across from them and folding his hands in his lap. "I wanted to talk to you."

"We gathered," Zain says, somewhat amused. He's not really apprehensive because anything serious Harry would have discussed with him first but it's still a bit eerie, seeing him all serious.

"Am I in trouble?" Louis asks, spreading his legs and leaning back, looking at ease despite his words. "I feel like I am in trouble."

"You're not in trouble," Harry sighs, rolling his eyes. "I just realised we never talked really when you moved in. Like, Louis, you haven't had anyone visit. And I just," he bites his lower lip, looking worried. "I appreciate that, but I want you to know that your family is always welcome. And friends as well if, likes you trust them not to sell my things on eBay," he rushes to finish, fiddling his fingers. "And Gemma's gonna come down soon probably and I'll make her clean up her room so it can function as a guest room."