fiftythree

Zain wakes to Freddie pounding on his door — yelling his name — and Harry's hair in his face.

Harry groans and pushes himself up slightly, dislodging Zain's arm. Zain grunts and turns around to hide his face in his pillow

"Freddie," Louis calls outside their door and the banging stops. "Give them two seconds to wake up, please."

Zain blearily watches Harry dress hurriedly, pulling Zain's clothes on and almost stumbling over his discarded bag on his way to the door.

"Hey, monster," he says, pulling the door open and clearing his throat when his voice breaks halfway through. "Come on, let's make breakfast."

"And Zain?" Freddie asks, but doesn't do more than peek inside the bedroom. Zain waves drowsily.

"He's sleeping," Harry answers, leading Freddie away.

"Why? Why is he sleeping for longer when you're here?"

"'cause I can help and make breakfast," Harry says, voice fading away as they descend the stairs. Zain buries his face in the pillow again. He should get up. Harry is only here for another four hours, tops, and he doesn't want to miss it. But on the other hand he really likes not having to rush to get up in the morning.

It takes him a moment but he manages to push himself up, opening the window and considering his sheets. He strips the duvet cover quickly, dumping it in the corner for now and scratches his belly, grabbing fresh clothes. He definitely needs a shower, he thinks, sniffing at himself.

It's always nice, showering without Freddie pounding on the door half-way through, bored or hungry or simply wanting to ask an inane question. It's even nicer going downstairs and finding breakfast on the table.

"Thanks, babes," Zain says, kissing the back of Harry's head and running a hand over Freddie's hair.

He pours himself a mug of tea and falls down on the chair at the table, putting his face in his arm with a groan.

"Don't be dramatic, Zain," Harry sighs, running a hand over Zain's head while Freddie giggles.

"But I'm tired," Zain mutters and Freddie laughs loudly, easily amused.

"You're silly, Zain," he says. "Can I be done with breakfast now? Can we go to the park?"

"It's not even light outside," Harry says. "Finish your juice and you can play with your lego. We'll go outside later."

"What Harry says," Zain mumbles, blindly reaching out to pat Harry's hand. Harry twines their fingers together and clicks his tongue.

"Dishes in the sink, Freddie," he says and Freddie huffs but obeys.

Zain grabs Freddie when he passes him on the way to the living room, pulling him close and pressing a raspberry to his cheek.

"Zain, Zain," Freddie shrieks, laughing and hugging Zain.

"You good, monster?" he asks and Freddie nods with a giggle, running off.

"You know," Zain says, sitting up and taking a sip from his tea. "I'll probably miss the sex but I'll definitely miss your babysitting."

Harry rolls eyes at him, leaning over to peck Zain's cheek. "You're so sweet," he says sarcastically, getting up. "I'm taking a shower as well."

"Sure," Zain says, putting his head in his hand and watching Harry load then dishwasher. "I'll be on the couch, taking a nap."

Harry rolls his eyes, brushing his fingertips over Zain's cheek. "You do that."

Zain watches him go, taking another sip of his tea before he forces himself to get up. Freddie is bashing Legos together, making exploding noises, happy to entertain himself. Zain lays down on the sofa, closing his eyes again. He should definitely go to bed early tonight.