ninetyfour

"Oi!" Louis wakes them by pounding on the door. "I'm leaving in ten minutes, one of you get your arse out here."

"Piss off," Zain calls back automatically, sitting up with a groan.

Harry curls around him, pressing his face into Zain's thigh with a whine.

"You can stay in bed, babe," Zain soothes him, petting his head as he forces himself to get up. He definitely needs a shower but at least that will help him wake up. He grabs some pants and a clean t-shirt, walking across the hall without bothering to put anything on.

He does feel better after the shower, rubbing a towel through his hair and considering a shave for a moment before deciding against it.

Harry is snoring lightly when Zain walks back into the bedroom, clutching Zain's pillow to his chest. Zain can't help the smile that steals over his face. He pulls on jogging pants and some socks, grabbing a hoodie and closes the door carefully behind him.

"Did Perrie Tell you she's moving up here?" Zain asks Louis, pouring himself a cup of tea and kissing Freddie good morning.

"Is she?" Louis asks curiously. "I didn't know. Is she staying with us?"

"Nope," Zain says. "She's gonna move in with Gemma for a start."

"Well, that's a relief. Sharing with the monster is a nightmare," Louis says, winking at Freddie when he looks up from the comic on the cereal box.

"I would've shared with her probably," Zain shrugs. "At least when Harry isn't here. But Gems's got a perfectly good spare room and they got along fine on the drive up."

"Zain really," Louis says, shaking his head like a disappointed grandparent. "Sharing a bed with your ex might not be the best idea to try and sell to a boyfriend. You're so clueless sometimes."

"At least I'm not a complete prick on dates," Zain retorts, rising an eyebrow.

Louis rolls his eyes. "Right," pushing back from the table. "Four days left of work, finally. I'll see you tonight." He presses a wet kiss to Freddie's cheek. "Have a good day, monster," he says softly, stroking Freddie's hair.

"Bye, daddy," Freddie says distractedly, chewing on his cereal.

Louis kisses his hair again and leaves with a short "bye" in Zain's direction. Zain puts his chin in his hand and sips his tea, watching Freddie hum to himself as he eats.

"Where is Harry?" Freddie asks, finally done with tracing the cartoon on the box.

"In bed," Zain answers. "He was sleeping when I got up."

"Oh," Freddie says, looking dejected. "I want to show him my legos. I only showed him bits. He doesn't know my police car."

"He's not gonna sleep all day, monster," Zain says. "You can show him later."

Freddie pouts but goes back to eating without fuss, used to adults wanting to stay in bed when possible.

🌱

"Gemma just said to pick up my stuff from her place," Harry says, chin on Zain's shoulder, frowning up at him. "Is she mad I'm staying with you?"