ninetysix

"Zain," Freddie wakes them by knocking on the door. "Daddy says you have to get up!"

"I hate Louis," Zain mutters, turning over.

"I can't go, I need a shower," Harry says and pokes his shoulder. Zain groans again and forces himself to get up.

"Morning, monster," he says, pulling on some pants on his way to opening the door. "Can you stick to daddy for a sec? Harry and I need to get dressed."

Freddie frowns at him, considering. "Can Harry make breakfast?"

"Why?" Zain asks, scratching his nose.

"He lets me have chocolates even when it's not Sunday."

"What?" Harry asks from the bed, sitting up abruptly. "He's only allowed them on Sundays?"

Zain throws him a smirk over his shoulder. "That's why he adores you, huh?" He grins as Harry scrambles out of bed, dressing himself . Zain ruffles Freddie's hair. "Harry can make breakfast but he's just learned the rule so no chocolates for you today. Go on, I'll just be a moment."

Freddie sighs, put out, and stomps down the stairs.

"You've been spoiling him, babe," Zain says, catching Harry around the waist and kissing him.

"I didn't know," Harry says. "He asked for chocolate and I asked if he was allowed them and he said yes. He's such a sneak."

"Takes after his dad," Zain says smugly, kissing Harry again. "Don't worry about it. It's a bit of an arbitrary rule."

"I'll take a shower once Louis is done with the bathroom. I'll be down in a bit," Harry says, sitting down on the bed.

Zain kissing his lower lip, rubbing his thumb over the skin under his eyes. "Don't worry about it."

"I was actually really trying not to bring it up with you because I didn't want to overstep, again," Harry says, taking Zain's hand in his. "And not you've got the same rule which means I should've brought it up."

"Babe," Zain says, stroking his free hand through Harry's hair. "You can bring up whatever you want with me. Don't beat yourself up over it, ok? So he's had a bit of a treat, it doesn't matter."

"Yea," Harry nods, still frowning slightly, tilting his head up to kiss Zain.

"Alright," Zain says, stroking his eyebrow. "I'm gonna feed the monster. Think about me in your shower."

Harry rolls his eyes. "Conceited," he says, watching Zain get dressed.

Zain winks at him blows him a kiss.

🌱

"It's work," Harry says, looking at the screen. "Do you mind?"

Zain shrugs. "Go ahead, babe," he says, watching Harry frown at the phone screen for another moment before accepting the call.

"Yea?" he says, leaning into Zain instead of getting up to have privacy. "Hi Laura."

Zain listens idly, trailing his lips over Harry's hairline and keeping an ear out for Freddie. Harry's side of the conversation consists mostly of questions: "Really? Who?" he asks, closely followed by "What kind? Why?", then "When?" and "Where?. Zain considers calling Freddie to listen so he can revise all his question words.