onehundredtwentythree

"How was the first night as a proper Londoner?" Harry asks, settling on the bed and crossing his legs, carefully setting a tray with tea and toast on the mattress next to him.

Zain looks at him with bleary eyes, not half as awake as Harry. "I've slept in this bed before," he says, reaching out to wrap his hand around Harry's ankle. "How did you sleep?"

"Good," Harry grins. "Louis already left, I saw him when I got back from my run. He says he'd like going out tonight."

"You're so awake," Zain complains, turning his face into the pillow.

"I am," Harry says cheerfully, carefully pushing the tray to the side and lying down on top of Zain, kissing him. "We have all day to ourselves, what do you wanna do?"

"Sleep, for one," Zain yawns, wrapping his arms around Harry tightly.

"But that's so boring," Harry says, nipping at Zain's skin. He sounds way too cheerful and awake for Zain. Zain runs his hands through Harry's hair, hoping to entice him to cuddle for a moment — silently — so he can go back to sleep for a bit.

"Zain," Harry complains, kissing his nose.

"I thought I left the five year old with my parents, babe," he yawns, rubbing Harry's back and giving up on sleep for now. "What do you want to do?"

"Dunno," Harry shrugs. "Spend time with you. We can put your books in the living room, set up your office, put away all your clothes."

"You're sweet," Zain says fondly, cupping Harry's face and stroking his thumbs over the skin under Harry's eyes. "Sweetheart." He feels so fond of him, even when he's slightly annoying because Zain just wants peace and quiet.

Harry smiles brilliantly, his dimples showing, and leans in to kiss Zain. It makes Zain simply want to hold him more tightly.

"We can have sex," Harry suggests, leaning down to mouth at Zain's neck.

"If you're gonna do the work," Zain says, mostly because he's lazy. But the sight of Harry above him would be very enticing as well.

"Because you asked so nicely," Harry says into Zain's skin, running his hand down Zain's stomach.

🌱

"Should we have gotten a bigger desk?" Harry asks, looking at the desk in the office — Zain's Office as Harry insisted — with his hand on his hips.

"Bigger?" Zain asks, looking at the desk. It's huge and L-shaped like Harry wanted and Zain's not sure he's needed this large a desk even when he was writing two essays at once back at uni. "That's more than enough space."

"Ok," Harry says, almost sceptically, turning around slightly. "Which of your books are coming up here."

"All of them?" Zain shrugs. "They won't be in the way here."

"Alright," Harry says, crouching down by one of the boxes the movers had carried in. It was just a couple of boxes and there wasn't really a reason to separate them, especially since they'd all be easily accessible. And Zain wasn't sure yet how often Harry had visitors and if any of them were people he might not want to let know that he shared the house, and who with, so it made sense to keep the downstairs as Harry had, with the exception of Freddie's things that would take over everything, and a few random things from Zain and Louis. Things that always took up space around the house because you are living in it.

"Subject and author," Zain says, settling down across from Harry.

"What?" Harry asks, looking up from leafing through one of Zain's books.