fiftytwo

chapter contains sexual scenes

Zain wakes to the sun on his face. He frowns, scrubbing a hand over his face and rolls over to squint at his phone. 

It's already past nine and definitely Wednesday. He frowns, confused.

It takes him a moment to remember that Harry came to visit, that Harry had spent the night. There's messages in the group chat with Gemma and he types out a quick response before rolling onto his stomach and stretching, enjoying having a moment to himself before he gets up. He's probably imagining it but his second pillow smells slightly like Harry. He could get used to this.

He manages to get himself up - finally - puling on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, grabbing a sweater. 

Freddie's voice, loud and excited, is the first thing he hears when he opens the door, and then Harry laughs. He smiles and trudges downstairs, pulling the sweater over his head. Harry and Freddie are playing in the living room. He stops, leaning against the door frame and watching them race cars across the carpet. 

"Good morning," he says. 

Freddie grins at him widely. "Harry's playing with me!" he announces. 

Zain laughs. "I can see that, monster. Did you have breakfast already?"

"Yea," Freddie answers, turning away. "Ages ago, you slept long."

"I'll be right back," Harry says to Freddie, ruffling his hair. 

He pushes himself up, crossing the room towards Zain to kiss him hello.

"I like you in my clothes," Zain says, tugging on his washed out Pink Floyd shirt.  

"I like being in your clothes," Harry says, kissing Zain's cheek. "I made porridge and cut up some fruit, there's still some left. Louis said that's what you usually eat."

"Were you up before Louis?" Zain frowns, pushing the hair from Harry's forehead. "Did you sleep at all?"

"I did, I slept quite well, actually," Harry answers, throwing a glance over his shoulder when Freddie shrieks as he crashes two cars together. "I was making a cuppa and Louis kinda... ordered me to make breakfast?"

"Of course he did," Zain snorts. "Sorry. He's very direct in the morning."

"Don't worry about it. He was fine with letting you sleep, I hope you don't mind."

"I really don't. I'm gonna have some tea now though. We gonna leave for Gems's at eleven-ish, alright? The monster eats at noon usually and we need to do the shopping before you can start cooking."

"Sounds good," Harry nods. "I'll make your tea and warm up your porridge." 

"Need a break, huh," Zain smirks, cupping the back of Harry's head to pull him close, pressing a kiss to the side of his head. "Whatcha playing, monster?" he asks, patting Harry's hip and crouching down by Freddie. 

🌱

Harry gets weird when the time comes for going out. Zain isn't sure if he's imagining it because when it comes down to it he still doesn't know a lot about Harry. He knows more now than he did two days ago, but there is still so much left to discover. He wrangles Freddie into his coat and hat and scarf, watching Harry pull on his own coat and put up the collar of his coat, adding a scarf liberally and tugging his beanie down over his forehead.