onehundredeighteen

"Zain," Harry wakes him, shaking him gently. "Furniture arrives between 8 and 12 and I need to leave, you have to get up."

"What time it is?" Zain slurs, sneaking a hand under Harry's sweater and stroking his skin.

"Almost 8. Come on."

"Where's the monster?" Zain mutters, pulling Harry closer with hand around his waist.

"Hopefully cleaning the Legos away, but probably playing with them," Harry answers, kissing Zain's shoulder. "Get up, love, come on."

"Urgh," Zain groans. "Make him put it away and I will."

"I see why you're moving in with me. So I can look after Freddie and you can laze around," Harry says with a laugh, biting Zain's jaw gently.

"Got it in one," Zain yawns, scratching a hand through Harry'a hair, trying to entice him back into bed by palming his arse.

"Hmm," Harry makes, kissing Zain but making to move to crawl back into bed. It's very disappointing. "Babe," be says, breaking the kiss. "The painter texted earlier. He's coming tomorrow and we forgot. So we can only drive up in the evening."

"That's fine. I'll let Louis know," Zain mutters sleepily, pulling Harry down towards him again. Harry turns his head to the side slightly so that Zain's lips only meet Harry's cheek.

"No, you gotta get up," Harry insists, pulling back slightly. "And can you, like, make sure our bedroom door is closed when the furniture gets here and that they don't wander off?"

"Yea," Zain says, feeling much more awake now. "Of course, babe."

"Thank you," Harry says, standing up and scrubbing a hand through his hair. "I'll get Freddie to clean up the Legos and you'd best be up when we're done."

"So never then," Zain smirks, sitting up and scratching at the beginning of his beard. He should probably shave.

"Shut up, you," Harry says, resolutely closing the door behind him. Zain yawns, scratching his nose and rolls out of his bed, stumbling into the shower mostly blind. He likes that he can do that already, and also that he can actually move in the shower without bumping into anything. It'll probably blow up in their faces at one point, moving in too early and with a kid and a very loud best friend in tow, but at the moment Zain can't really remember why he thought it was a bad idea.

🌱

"Don't you have work?" Zain yawns, sipping his tea and watching Harry watch Freddie eat breakfast. "You were throwing me out of bed because of it."

"I do," Harry says, getting up from the table and kissing Freddie's hair like he meant to. Zain's fairly sure he'd not have moved for a while still. "Bye, baby, have a good day, alright," he says to Freddie, stroking his hair.

"Bye," Freddie says unbothered. There is the presumption there that Harry will be back later, a certainty that Harry would return like Louis always returns, like Zain does. It's a bit scary when Zain thinks about it, but at least Harry is at least as attached as Freddie is and unlikely to run off.

"See you later," Harry says to Zain, stopping in front of him and leaning in for a kiss.

"Bye, sweetheart," Zain answers, fond, cupping his cheek and rubbing his thumb over Harry's cheek. "Try and enjoy yourself, huh."

Harry kisses him a couple of times, lingering and making no move to leave.

"Babe," Zain reminds him, patting his arse gently. "Get going."