onehundredtwentyone

Zain wakes before Harry for once, needing a piss. Harry is still snoring when he comes back out of the bathroom and the rest of the flat is quiet as well. They have all drunk more than him and were probably well on their way to a hangover, dead to the world for a while still. He grabs his phone and charger off the bedside table and walks into the kitchen, putting the kettle on and settling in the chair by the window.

He texts his mum and Louis that he's awake but the rest are still dead, wondering if he should wake Harry at least or just have a cuppa and make the trip across town on his own for now. Anne didn't seem like the kind of person who would feel awkward surrounded by almost-strangers, and she and his mum had been getting on well last night and Zain himself would definitely prefer to stay asleep if he were in Harry's shoes.

He dumps the teabag in the sink and carries his tea back into Gemma's bedroom, sitting down at the edge of the bed and stroking Harry's hair, sipping his tea. He feels a bit creepy, watching him sleep, but they rarely have had  a morning to themselves where he can just take Harry in when he's sleep soft and sleepy. It's not quite as endearing when he's sweaty and smelling like stale alcohol, drooling slightly and covered in come because apparently Zain had been sober enough for a lot of things but not that sleeping with your boyfriend's come on your skin is not the most comfortable.

He gets back up to grab a bottle of water, putting it in the bedside table just in case. He grabs a quick shower, getting dressed while Harry still snores in bed, not moving. He finishes his tea and strokes Harry's hair, rubbing his arm in an attempt to wake him. Harry doesn't react except to turn away and Zain snorts, leaning down to kiss his cheek. "Sweetheart," he says gently, shaking him slightly when he doesn't react.

Harry grunts, not opening his eyes but grabbing Zain's hand and holding it between his. Zain kisses him softly, wrinkling his nose slightly at the smell which is worse now that Zain himself was freshly showered.

"I'm gonna keep our parents company, babe," Zain says, leaning down to kiss his cheek. "You wanna come with?"

"Sleep," Harry slurs.

Zain grins and kisses him again. "Alright, see you later." Harry doesn't react, dead to the world again, snoring again.

Zain texts him, and Gemma and Perrie, that he's going back home to babysit the parents just in case, poking his head into Perrie's room after knocking gently. They don't move but they are both breathing evenly, not looking like they are too badly off. He puts a couple of bottles of water next to their bed and leaves them to it, quietly pulling the door shut behind him.

🌱

"Did you have a nice birthday, sunshine?" is the first thing his mum asks, pulling him into a hug and kissing his cheek.

"Yea," Zain says, letting himself be pulled towards the kitchen where they are all eating lunch already. His stomach growls slightly at the smell of food, reminding him that he hasn't eaten since last night. "We has fun. How was your morning?"

He hugs Freddie hello, kissing his cheek a couple of times. He's gonna miss him over the next few days although he is also looking forward to a childfree existence. "Hey, monster, you good?"

"I'm good," Freddie says unconcerned, reaching back to grab Zain's necklace while continuing to eat his lunch with enthusiasm. Zain leans his cheek against the side of Freddie's head and stays for a moment.

"And you?" he asks, looking at his mum and Anne.

"We has a nice morning," Trisha says. "We managed to pack up most of the things still lying around. You just need to make a last check later and add the things in use right now, like the linens and towels and cutlery."