onehundredseventeen

"Zain!"

"Sleep, please, monster," Zain groans without opening his eyes, pulling Freddie against his chest and kissing his head.

"Sleep is boring," Freddie insist, already way too awake. "Zain!"

"Is Harry awake?" Zain asks, hiding his yawn into Freddie's hair.

"Yes," Freddie says, wiggling around to lean over Zain.

"Kinda, baby," Harry says, his voice rough with sleep, not sounding all that awake.

Freddie giggles when Harry pulls him across Zain towards him, squirming around. Zain turns over towards them, blinking his eyes open slowly and reaching across Freddie to touch Harry's side.

"Wanna do yoga with me?" Harry asks.

"No," Freddie says. "It's boring, I wanna play Legos."

Zain snorts and Harry flicks his hand in response.

"But you liked it, baby," Harry says indulgently. "If you want to play Legos, though, you can. I'm gonna do yoga by myself."

"But I don't wanna play alone," Freddie whines.

"I don't wanna do yoga alone either," Harry whines back, meeting Zain's eyes with a grin.

Freddie hesitates, turning to look at Zain like Zain will help him get his way.

Zain pokes his cheek, amused. "How about you do yoga with Harry before work and then we go play Lego together later?"

"Daddy's not here," Freddie frowns, sitting up to play with Zain's hand.

"Harry's gotta work," Zain tells him, grabbing Freddie's finger to shake Freddie's hand back at him.

"No," Freddie frowns with a pout.

"Yes," Zain answers, amused.

"You—," Harry starts, ready to give into Freddie's demands too easily.

Zain shoots him a sharp look and Harry bites his lip with a quick grimace, lowering his eyes like he realised what he was about to cause. There is very little Zain wants to do less than keep Freddie from running amok at Harry's work, probably breaking the most expensive piece of equipment within the first minute and then complaining about being bored the rest of the time.

"You'll have lots of fun with Zain, looking at the park and at the house," Harry says instead, sitting up as well and pushing his hair off his forehead.

Freddie pouts mulishly, not responding, but let's himself be picked up by Harry easily, wrapping his arms around Harry's neck.

"You gotta stop carrying him everywhere," Zain yawns, stretching his arms towards the headboard. "The monster can walk."

"No!" Freddie protests happily, pulling on Harry's hair mostly by accident as he leans back to grin at Zain.

"As lazy as Zain," Harry says softly, freeing his hair from Freddie's grip, nosing at Freddie's cheek and ticking his belly.

"No!" Freddie shrieks, shaking his head and flailing around, almost falling off Harry's arm. "I'm not lazy!"

"No?" Harry laughs, pulling Freddie tighter against himself to keep him from hitting his head as they leave the bedroom. "You gonna do yoga with me then?"

"No!" Freddie shrieks, cackling with laughter.

"Yes," Harry says, tossing Freddie gently into the air. Freddie's happy shriek is deafening. Zain closes his eyes again for a second, appreciating the quiet when they vanish down the stairs, before forcing himself out of bed as well. He wasn't sure when Harry usually left for work but if he was going to do yoga and shower and have breakfast, Zain should probably start breakfast and be ready to distract Freddie.