onehundredtwentyfive

Zain wakes up with Freddie sprawled across his chest and Harry's hair in his mouth. He grunts, wondering what woke him when Freddie is lying still, his face pressed into Harry's armpit. Zain isn't sure how he managed to get there without waking Zain, or how he's still asleep but that's always the case with him.

"Mummy said to wake you," Safaa says in a whisper from the doorway.

At least that clears up what woke him. "What time is it?" he mutters, carefully moving Freddie into the spot between himself and Harry so he can sit up.

"Just after eight," she says. "Mum wants to start cooking and Auntie Maryam is coming in an hour." Her eyes keep trailing towards Harry. Zain's pretty sure that it's not just the dark room that make her cheeks look flushed.

"Already?" Zain groans. "We'll be down in a bit, you can tell mum."

"Ok," Safaa says, closing the door quietly behind her.

Zain turns his head, stroking Harry's cheek. "Babe," he says. "Wake up."

"I am," Harry mutters, not opening his eyes.

"Yea?" Zain grins. "Did you sleep well?"

"It was ok," Harry mutters, opening one eye sleepily. "I'm pretty sure I woke up once and he had his feet in my face."

"Probably," Zain yawns, leaning across Freddie to peck Harry's lips. "You want first shower?"

"No," Harry says, stroking Freddie's hair. "I rarely see him asleep, I'll shower later."

"Alright," Zain answers, so very fond of him, kissing Freddie's forehead. He feels a bit warm, but maybe it's just sleepwamth. Him sleeping late didn't necessarily mean he was getting ill . He crawls out of bed and sits down next to Harry, leaning down to properly kiss him good morning. "But other than that, it was ok? We've got one more night to go."

"It's fine," Harry says, kissing him and stroking Zain's hair back gently. "I like meeting your family. Waliyah and Doniya are coming today, right?"

"Yea, Doniya tonight probably, but Waliyah should be home for tea probably."

"Okay," Harry says.

"And I think my aunts are coming. At least Maryam, which usually means the others are coming as well," Zain adds with a frown, stroking the skin under Harry's eye. He's warm with sleep as well, and so soft. Zain wants to bury back into bed beside him.

"Ok," Harry says with a yawn, tilting his head into Zain's hand.

"Okay," Zain echoes fondly, kissing the side of his nose. He's feeling very affectionate lately, touching and kissing and holding people. But Harry made it easy, leaning into it happily, and Freddie was happy to cuddle as well. "I'll be right back. Don't fall back asleep."

"I won't," Harry grins mischievously. "I'm not you."

"Alright cheeky," Zain says amused, kissing the corner of his mouth. "Love you."

🌱

"Love, your aunties and I thought we'd have a nice lunch here after prayers. You're here so rarely, they all want to see you. And you can see the baby again, she love you so much." Trisha says, putting the kettle on.