onehundredsix

"Zain," Louis whispers, shaking his shoulder. "Mate, wake up, I gotta go. Have you got pants on?"

"Yea," Zain yawns, sitting up slightly to take Freddie from Louis's arms. "Why is he still asleep?" he asks, kissing Freddie's sleep-warm cheek and adjusting him slightly so his head lies more comfortably against Zain's shoulder.

"I gotta leave earlier than I thought, it's only 4:30," Louis answers, stroking Freddie's cheek in goodbye. "I'll call later, yea?"

"Sure," Zain says, sinking back into the pillow and pulling the blankets up around himself and Freddie. "Good luck, drive safe and all that."

"Wha?" Harry startles awake and Louis snorts, patting Zain's shoulder and leaving quietly.

"It's just Freddie, babe," Zain shushes Harry, cupping his cheek, amused. "Louis brought him."

"Kay," Harry mutters, falling right back asleep.

Zain strokes his hair and stretches his back slightly, closing his eyes and falling back asleep to Harry's soft snores and Freddie's even breaths.

🌱

"Zain. Zain," Freddie whispers, poking Zain insistently in the cheek.

Zain pushes Freddie's hand away. "Careful, monster," he mutters, pulling Freddie against his chest and kissing his head blindly. "What's up?"

"Where's daddy? Where are we?" Freddie asks, poking at the letters on Zain's collarbone instead.

"He left for work already. And we're at Harry's mum's place," Zain answers groggily, laying his cheek on Freddie's head. "Your dad told you, I'm sure."

"Forgot," Freddie shrugs. "Can Harry make cinnamon rolls?"

"Dunno, monster," Zain yawns. "Have you asked him?"

"No," Freddie sighs heavily. "He's sleeping."

"Oh no," Zain sighs equally heavily. "I guess cereal it is. But maybe Harry can make some later."

"Yes, please," Freddie says eagerly.

"Alright," Zain says with another yawn. "Bathroom is through there, monster. Can you manage on your own?"

"Yes," Freddie says, put out, sliding off the bed and banging the door closed behind himself.

Zain leans over Harry, kissing his cheek, sleep-soft and warm with a bit of stubble. He smiles when Harry doesn't stir, running his nose over Harry's jawline. "Love you, sweetheart," he whispers against Harry's slack cheek like the lovesick idiot he is. He slides out of bed to follow Freddie into the bathroom, shaking his head slightly at himself.

🌱

"And then Lottie said not to but daddy said I could anyways because daddy is the coolest and then I threw it, Zain, and it went into the hedge like Lottie said but daddy said it wasn't bad and I got to go into the hedge it was so cool!"

"You're up early," Anne says, entering the kitchen with a yawn. Freddie falls abruptly silent, grabbing Zain's shirt and eating another spoon of cereal, almost missing his mouth.