chapter 38

Josh's P.O.V

This is it, the day that we are finally flying to Los fucking Angeles to record our third album! This, the biggest thing to ever happen to You Me At Six. We had just a few short weeks in order to record what had to be the best album to date. I mean we've grown a lot since Hold Me Down and as successful as it was we've all grown up and changed and we need to be able to reflect that in our music too.

I packed the last of my stuff into my carryon luggage, and grabbed my suitcase lazily dragging it down the stairs "will you please pick that suitcase up instead of scratching all my floors Joshua!" my mum screamed from the kitchen. I chuckled but obliged and carried my ridiculously heavy suitcase down the remainder of the stairs. I leaned it casually near the front door ready to load into my car and when to join my family in the kitchen.

"Honey you did double check everything didn't you?" my mum asked, she had been in and out of my room like a fly this past two days constantly offering to help me pack, it was dead sweet but I have been away for stuff like warped tour for longer and managed to be fine packing all my own.. just as well seeing as im 22years old, and I spend at least half of the year away from home touring and promoting or recording.

I said my goodbyes to my mum and Elissa and carried my suitcase into the car. Dad had offered to drive me and Ally to the airport so we had to make a quick stop to pick her up before heading to Heathrow and Los Fucking Angeles!!

***

Ally's P.O.V

"Darling if we haven't mentioned this before we'll say it now, we, your dad and I, are so proud of you for going for this. I mean we couldn't be prouder of you if we tried, not even out of university yet and you're already hired to go to America and write a book for a very successful band. That is phenomenal. Well done." My mum cried down the phone, I shook my head at my phone which was on speakerphone whilst resting on my dresser as I applied a bright red lipstick to my lips.

"thank you mumma, come on, and stop crying. This is supposed to be happy. Put a smile on and get rid of those tears before you set me off too and I've only just finished doing my make up!" I laughed lightly, staring at my reflection in the mirror. Today I had gone for a full eye eyeliner style, with some mascara, to frame my eyes and then my foundation and red lipstick to finish the look. I'd scrunched the bottom half of my hair so it hung wavy and plaited two pieces from the front and pinned at the back so it wasn't so in my face. I had a red skater dress on that Josh had once complimented with my black peep toe wedge ankle boots.

I did a quick run through of my lists whilst I said goodbye to mum, dad and Joey (who had finally come out of rehab and was now under the very watchful eyes of my parents, apparently it's similar to being on suicide watch in maximum security prison how closely they are watching his every move!) When I was sure I had everything I sat on my suitcase and screamed to Lex to come help me shut it.

"Leeeeeexxxxx!!!!"

"Allllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyy" she mimicked as she came bouncing in my room. she came in and surveyed the sight of my suitcase on the bed and me sat on top of it and smirked. "you claim not to be high maintenance yet you're taking so much shit you can't even close your freakin suitcase?" she laughed.

I rolled my eyes at her and pouted and eventually she came bouncing across the room and started looking for the zipper. Lex is actually so hyper and energetic that her she actually has a bounce in her step, it was quite cute actually. "Gotcha bitch!" Lex exclaimed and I looked down to see she had finally found the little zipper but it wouldn't budge an inch.

Oh shit!

*knock knock*

Lex looked up at me and I looked at the clock, 8.57am meaning that was probably Josh. I nodded my head at her and she understood what I was telling her before I hopped off the bed and went to buzz Josh into our apartment, as I did I opened the door and it was only a matter of seconds before his smiling face came into view. As he came in I reached up to kiss his lips. "Good Morning!" I chirped.