Chapter 8

I held Joey's hand by my face as i rested my head on the bed, I had been at the hospital for hours, the beeping of his machines started getting more and more erratic, and I dropped his hand screaming out for a nurse or doctor, his body convulsed and his face was contorted with agony. I ran through the corridor of the hospital and saw not one person. I pressed his 'call' button but heard the alarm sound at the empty nurses desk. I ran back through the corridor and saw a nurse! I screamed at her to get her attention and her eyes widened with the shock but she followed me anyway, we got back to the room and Joey's back was arched as his seizure continued, the nurse just stood there, Joey's hand reached out for mine and I took it praying to god this wasn't the end but in a matter of a few seconds the beeping on Joeys machine stopped and it showed us a straight line. Joey was gone. The nurse just looked over at me and said "sorry hunny" and walked out of the room. "no" I whispered "No, it cant be happening" "No" "No" "No" I said my voice getting louder and louder each time, the tears started forming in my eyes and then I was screaming.

****

I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders, shaking me "Ally, Ally wake up darling" a voice said, I scrunched my eyes shut before opening them again to see Josh standing over me, worry and concern written all across his face. "Ally, it was just a dream, don't worry your safe, im here, it was just a dream" I breathed a sigh of relief and sat up in my bed.

" Oh god, Josh it was awful! Joey was dying and there was only one nurse and she wouldnt do anything to help him, she just stood there while he died!" I sobbed, Josh's hand came up to my face and wiped my tears away and he pulled me closer so that i was leaning into his chest. I glanced at the time "2.45am".

I pulled away and went to the bathroom, i washed my face off and then went downstairs to get a glass of water, i was calm again. I went back to my bedroom to see Josh lounging on my bed, on the phone, he raised his fingers to his lips motioning me to keep quiet. I screwed my eyes in confusion, but got in bed anyway. He put the phone down and cuddled me, " I just rang the hospital, they said that they just checked on Joey and he is stable, he is fine and we can go see him tomorrow morning. Right now though, we should try and get some rest, okay?"

"Stay here?" I whispered

" If you say so"he smiled. He reached for the blanket, tucking his long legs under and I turned my lamp off, Josh snaked his arms around my waist and my head rested on his chest. I could feel his heartbeat and the slow steady rhythm gradually bought mine back down to normal too. I tilted my head up and kissed his neck as a silent Thankyou.

****

The sunlight came shining through my curtains, bright and early waking me up from the most relaxing sleep of my life. My eyes slowly came into focus and I smiled as I heard a light snoring from beneath me. Josh's arm was still wound round my waist and I could feel him breathing into my hair, sending shivers down my spine.

I reluctantly crawled out of bed and grabbed a tshirt and shorts from my cupboard, I grabbed my towel and went off to shower, I used the strawberry body wash and body butter and mist my favourite goodies from The Body Shop. When i was satisfied that I smelt exactly like a strawberry, I pulled on my clothes and wrapped a towel in my hair. I padded back into my bedroom just as Josh was waking up, he sat up in bed yawning and stretching before smiling at me " morning gorgeous!" He smiled

"Good morning, you alright?"

"Very well thankyou, and you my dear?" He asked, putting on a posh false british accent

"im... Good. Thankyou for looking after me" I smiled.

"I will always be here for you, i will always look after you" he said getting out of bed, it was only then that i realised he was sleeping in yesterday's t-shirt and his boxers. Bless him! I forgot to give him a spare shirt. " wahay, enjoying the view there Ally?" He said shaking his hips, I blushed and quickly turned around,"you wish franceschi" he walked over to me and gave me a hug and laced my fingers with his and we stepped out of the bedroom. I showed him where everything in the bathroom was, (including a spare toothbrush! See im hospitable) and then went downstairs.

I boiled the kettle and set about making a spread of breakfast food, partly because I was unsure of what Josh would want but more importantly was I wanted to thank him for looking after me last night. I warmed a crusty bloomer loaf and made some pancakes, I toasted croissants and put out a selection of fruit and juices all arranged nicely on the island counter in the kitchen. It had bar stools so it could be used as a breakfast bar which saved having to drag everything to the dining room. Just as I finished getting the loaf out of the oven, I heard a wolf whistle behind me. Smiling I turned around to see Josh grinning. I made my way over to him and he tilted his head down allowing me to reach up and kiss him. I kissed his soft lips, marveling in how perfectly they fitted his, and smiling as the heated tingling returned in my lips. My fingers knotted in his hair and I shuddered as he put his hand on the small of my back. We broke apart and I was gasping for air, Josh however stood there smiling his gorgeous smile, his lips were bright red and swollen and his cheeks were flushed, his hair was even messier than usual.

"Well I could get used to that" he chuckled. I grinned, feeling satisfied that i had made him happy and took his hand and led him to the breakfast bar.

I made us a cup of coffee each and took some croissants and fruit, I also took a pancake and some toast realising that the last proper meal i had had was the dinner on our date two days ago! Josh demolished the stack of pancakes, obviously enjoying them! We carried on eating and then Josh helped me tidy up, we piled all the dishes in the sink and then i went upstairs to get changed properly. I chose a dark blue jersey dress with brown belt, cream vest and knee high socks and brown heeled boots. I brushed my hair and put it into a messy bun and grabbed my phone and stuffed it into a brown satchel bag. I applied a little bit of makeup going for a very natural look and went back down stairs to meet Josh in the car.

****

"Josh?"

"hmmm?"

" Where, where are the guys? Where is the band? What's happened?" I asked. My voice was really quiet and I sounded petrified! I wasn't really scared of Josh but I was nervous about his reaction and the answer. Josh turned to look at me with a pained expression on his face. He looked at my eyes, inhaled and then nodded in defeat.

A/N: HELLO! i just wanted to say a massive THANKYOU to every single person reading this, never in a million years could i have imagined getting 300 views on my first story in my first week! I dont know how to thankyou all for the support! All i can say is that I will continue writing and i hope you love it! This chapter was also written on my phone so i will edit it properly on the laptop when i get a chance... If you notice anything feel free to point it out, promise i wont be offended! ;p x