Chapter 21

A/N: First of all, thankyou so much for all your wonderful comments and votes on the last chapter, you really really inspired me to get up and start writing this chapter :) I love you all, Thankyou xxx

Josh and I said goodnight to my parents, he shook my dad’s hand and my mum gave him a hug again, my dad gruffed in Josh’s direction that he would be checking to make sure he is sleeping in the guestroom and my mum quickly gave him a playful light tap on the chest telling him to shut up. Josh took my hand in his and we walked up the stair s together, he walked past the guest room and towards my room, he took my hand still held in his, and raised it to his lips, kissing it softly he whispered “goodnight gorgeous, I love you” I felt the corners of my mouth shoot up and form into a wide smile and I could actually feel my eyes melting at him, he is the sweetest guy I have ever met in my life, and im so grateful that he is in my life. I loved that our relationship was defined by love and not lust, we were not one of those couples who wanted tear the clothes off of each other every second of every day. We loved each other immensely and we could express this through tender, romantic moments like this one.

It felt really strange saying goodnight to Josh, knowing that we would be sleeping under the same roof but in different lonely beds, but there we were, standing in the doorway of my room; my dad had insisted that the door  must remain open at all times , and I laughed as he stared Josh down whilst delivering this ground rule, dont you realise it takes two to tango dad?

 I stuck my head out the door and breathed a sigh of relief as I heard dad chatting away to mum downstairs, I stretched onto my tiptoes and pressed my lips to Josh’s giving him a soft and simple kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and smiled as I felt his arms wrap around my waist, he held me close and I rested my head on his chest. “good night Rockstar!” I smiled. He scoffed at my comment but smiled at me anyway. We pulled away and I watched as Josh walked down the hall and into the guestroom, he blew a kiss at me before going inside.

I sat in my bed and although it was lonely not having Josh with me or have his arms wrapped around me, I was guiltily grateful for the privacy. There was one very big issue that needed to be sorted through immediately.

I paced for a few seconds around my room and threw my hands up in frustration. Ruffling one hand through my hair I stopped at my desk, scanning the surface, computer, printer, picture of me and Josh (AWW), picture of me and Lex  and picture of me with mum and dad. Why in gods name do I not own a bloody calendar? Oh yeah modern technology! I went online and printed off a very basic calendar, grabbing a purple marker from my drawer I sat down on my bed. Counting the days off and marking carefully with my marker, I stared in horror as I realised that I was 2 weeks late. Shit! I have never been late, EVER in my life, so this really was major for me.

For hours I sat on my bed counting the days again and again and every time I came to the same conclusion. I was 2 weeks late. After lots of crying, I stopped to take a deep breath in. I stuck my head out of my bedroom door to see the hallway was empty and quickly ran along to the bathroom. I put my hand on the handle and went to push it open but no luck, the door was locked. I turned around to face the wall, knowing that my face would be a dead giveaway that I had been crying. I was staring at the wall, lost in my thoughts when a pair of hands snaked around my waist, a shiver went reverberated through my spine as I felt his breath tickle the skin at the back of my neck, my head instantly snapped away from my thoughts and I froze waiting to see what Josh would say.

“Hello beautiful, you alright?” he whispered, even whispering I could hear that he was a little concerned. Hmm no josh, Im freaking out because there is a slight chance im pregnant with your baby, and if I am you’re probably going to run screaming because we are only 20, the best thing that ever happened to me will run away screaming.

“hey handsome, im fine, don’t worry. Just need to pee” oh im going to be doing a lot of that now. Maybe, Ally! You don’t know for definite just yet. “wait, are you okay, why are you still awake?” He chuckled softly, with his head still on my shoulder.  “im fine gorgeous, just needed to pee.” I could hear the smile in his voice as he mirrored my words. I turned my face slightly and kissed his cheek and then went into the bathroom.

When I got out the bathroom, Josh was softly snoring away in his bedroom, I padded back to my own room and climbed into my bed. That night, I had a beautiful dream.

*The dream*

I slipped the last pancake out of the hot pan and onto the stack  piled high up on a plate. I put the pan down and spun around to put the plate onto the island counter.

I looked over to my beautiful husband, he ruffled his hair up, yawning as he walked into the kitchen. He had a grey tshirt from his own clothing range on and some baggy grey jogging pants, he grinned as he saw the stack of pancakes, “KIDS!! COME ON, BREAKFAST IS READY!!” he shouted, he crossed over the kitchen, he placed his hands on my waist and pulled me closer to him, my breath caught in my chest as he brought his lips lower to reach mine, I closed my eyes in anticipation “EWWW MUM, DAD STOP KISSING IN THE KITCHEN!!”

Josh started laughing a loud, barking laugh and my head instantly dropped, I was staring at the floor with my hair covering the red glow on my cheeks. Our oldest son Jacob ‘Jakey’ Franceschi had just entered the kitchen, interrupting my almost kiss with my perfect husband.

My eyes came up looking at my beautiful son, he had light brown hair like me but thankfully instead of my boring brown eyes he had Josh’s gorgeous blue ones. He had Josh’s lips and in a way he was a lot like him, he did the nose scrunch grin when he was upto something and had picked up the same habit I had 10 years ago of scratching the back of his neck when he was nervous. Thankyou Josh for that one from the both of us!

Our other son Benjamin entered the kitchen too, he shuffled forwards in his superman pyjamas with matching slippers, his little hands covered his eyes “Jakey, is it safe now?” he asked. I giggled at my 7 year old son and Josh started laughing again, Jakey turned around to answer his brother “Yeah, I made it safe, don’t worry!”

We sat down at the breakfast bar, me, my husband and our two beautiful boys, our perfect family complete.

*end of dream*

I woke up smiling, the dream was beautiful, but it was just that. A dream, I needed to get up and face reality, slipping out of bed, I got ready and drove to the chemist. It was still early so I had to wait a few minutes for the chemist to open. I picked up a pregnancy test and quickly rushed to the desk to pay. I handed over the money and waited for the girl to put the box into a bag, just as she was about to hand the bag over she paused “Umm.. don’t think im strange, but by any chance do you know a Josh?” I smiled nervously “umm, why?” she smiled back and had a quick look over her shoulder, “it’s just you look exactly like this girl from a picture of Josh Franceschi and some fan girls on twitter!! She was really pretty and the girls who tweeted said the girl looked like she was his girlfriend.” I laughed, nervously hoping that she wouldn’t realise that I was now sweating in places that I wasn’t even aware could sweat. “Josh Franceschi? As in the Josh Franceschi, from You Me At Six?” I asked sceptically, “hah I wish I knew him, that’d be seriously amazing! No it’s not me” I replied. The girl apologised and I said my goodbye to her and nearly passed out in the car.

My fingers gripped the steering wheel tightly as I drove home, I was so nervous, the girl recognising me had really unnerved me. What if it went on twitter first? I drove home going slightly faster than the speed limit, thankful for the empty streets.

I raced through the house and into the bathroom, sitting on the toilet I ran the taps waiting to get the urge to pee, eventually it came and I let out a breath I wasn’t even aware I was holding in. the waiting time was 3 minutes, glancing at my mobile, I realised 5 minutes had passed and I had still yet to look at the test. I took a deep breath in, closed my eyes and picked up the stick. My hand was shaking, a bead of sweat rolled down my the back of my neck, I flung my eyes open and gasped at the result, tears poured down my face and I sat on the ledge of the bathtub to regain my composure.