Chapter 19

The sunlight shone around my room and bounced straight into my eyes waking me up, I groaned and checked the clock 6.30am uggghhh! I smiled as I heard Josh's gentle snoring from beside me and I kissed his neck gently before getting out of bed. My morning breath and bed head cant be attractive!

I gasped as I looked in the mirror for the first time in a few days and sure enough on my cheek was a huge purple brown bruise. The skin just under my eye was slightly swollen and my lip was bust, needless to say I looked like I had been dragged through a bush backwards, and then run over by a truck and dragged through the bush again. In other words, I was a complete mess! I brushed my teeth and then tied my hair up again into a messy bun. I winced as I poked the bruise with my foundation brush and eventually gave up, using my fingers to try and spread the foundation over the bruise with no luck. Sighing I went back to my bedroom, as I opened the door I smiled, Josh looked so peaceful fast asleep, last night I could tell he was tense and stressed but he kept denying it. I quietly padded back into bed and snuggled upto him resting my head on his chest. I could hear the steady beating of his heart and I focused on that sound until I eventually fell back to sleep.

Hours later the sound of the bins being collected woke us both up from our peaceful sleep, I lifted my head groggily trying to work out the sound and it took a few seconds but eventually I did and settled back down onto Josh's chest. He kissed my head and I could feel him smiling into my hair "Morning gorgeous" "morning Joshy" I replied pecking his lips. He smiled and pulled me closer and closer in a bear hug "ugh cant breathe Josh" " sorry sweety, I just missed waking up with you in my arms I guess" he moved his lips to press on to mine giving me a short and sweet kiss and then did his adorable nose scrunch. "No fair, you know I cant stay at mad when you do that!! You fight dirty Joshua" he chuckled and pinned my body to his side "Im sorry darling, but what you gonna do? Punish me for being a bad boy?" he whispered seductively in my ear, I shivered at the feel of his breath on the back of my neck. Its fair to say, I am still head over heels with him, everything he does still affects me the same way it did the first time he did it.

"hmmm interesting idea but actually I think you buying coffee will work fine too. Come on Hugh Hefner, get your lazy ass outa my bed so I can make it." He gave me his pouty face as he crawled out of bed, grabbing his corner of the blanket and pulling it straight. We made the bed and got changed and ready and went out for breakfast. The kitchen and downstairs was still pretty messy after Joey's antics so that was definitely top of the to do list.

I took Josh to the little tea room off one of the main streets in town, it was still hilarious how he had to wear a hoody with a cap and sunglasses so he wasn't recognised by his adoring fans. It felt nice though, that he was still my secret. We had both agreed that we wouldn't deny being in a relationship but we wanted to keep it really low profile for a while, which I was more than happy to do. I had grown up hiding half of my life from my everyone I knew so this couldn't be too much harder? Hiding a relationship from millions of fans around the planet? Hah!

Once inside we sat down at a table and Josh was able to take his disguise off, the tea room was a small place but it was rather posh with an eccentric vintage vibe so it was usually only older women who went in, we were safe in there! We got a small table and ordered a pot of coffee and a loaf of fresh bread with butter and jam. The bread in this place had to be the best in Nottingham!

We finished our breakfast and then Josh went to sit in the car whilst I ran into a nearby shop to get some cleaning supplies. I grabbed a couple of bottles of bleach and some surface cleaners and stuff, dreading the mess that was awaiting us when we got home. Just as I had finished paying my phone rang, I scrambled to find my phone in my handbag and quickly answered it "Hello?"

"hey sweety how you doing?" I smiled, I hadn't spoken to my mother for a few days now and I certainly hadn't told her about any of the Joey drama. I wasn't being rude, I just didn't think she needed to stress out so much when she on holiday. She would have wanted to catch the first flight here and even if she did, by the time she landed, Joey would have been long gone.