Chapter 15

Joey's P.O.V

I opened my eyes and gasped, ah shit! Bad idea, my eyes were stinging from the bright light filling into my room, why didn't I close the freaking curtains? Oh yeah I was just a tiny bit hammered. I sat up in my bed and felt my head spin around, everything went black and I took a few moments just taking deep breaths whilst allowing my eyes to regain their focus on the room.

What the hell! I could feel it again, Ally was pressing me for information about my disappearing act five years ago. But tell me how can you tell your baby sister that you were scared of what was going to happen so you got your shit and left? That every time you shut your eyes you pictured yourself walking in to find your dad had commited suicide? I know it was cowardly now, but I was 17 and scared shitless. I didn't know how to deal with dad's depression, I didn't know how to deal with mum's anger and I sure as hell didn't know how to deal with Ally crying and having nightmares every night. I wanted to be like every other teenager, so one day I got my shit and I left. I lived with my friends, and we drank and partied every night. There was drinks, and drugs and pills and girls, to me that was exactly what my friends had been going on about for years. I was just like them. I forgot all of my baggage and that family shit and I lived like a normal teenager. I couldn't tell her all that. It didn't matter anyway, she was all happy and excited for her date with loverboy. She would never notice that I was gone, so off I went to my friends party, I got a bit drunk not major anything, just enough to forget about my problems and partied and then I snuck back in through the garage. I collapsed onto my bed, exhausted from the night's partying and smiled. I pulled it off successfully, which means I can do the same again and again whenever I need to escape.

I stood up and shuffled over to the window, I needed to open my window, my room smelt very slightly of alcohol. What is that blob in the grass? I should probably care more but right now I couldn't give a damn about anything except covering my mistake. I grabbed a handful of my tshirt and sniffed and my nose wrinkled in disgust as that too smelt of alcohol. Shit! I need to sort myself out before Ally see's me. I left my windows wide open and grabbed my shit ready for a shower, I peeked my head around my bedroom door, the coast was clear, and I ran into the bathroom. I took a shower and l smiled as the power of the hot water incinerated my head and I could physically feel the tension in my head and body disappeared.

I stepped out of the shower, and got changed into some clean jeans and pulled a tshirt over my head. I applied my bodyspray very liberally in an attempt to clear any alcohol smell and pushed the bathroom window open wide too. I padded back into my room and was relieved to smell clean, fresh air. Squinting I could make out a small figure lying in the grass, big brother mode instinctively kicked in and I ran through the house screaming Ally's name. There was no reply.

Shit!

There I am feeling proud of myself for getting smashed and sneaking in without being noticed and there my baby sister is lying in the grass. Is she even conscious? All these thoughts raced through my mind as I ran across our huge front garden. "Ally! Ally! Ally! Alison!" I swore in frustration as she lay there, completely unresponsive. The tiny hangover I did have had managed to clear as I couldn't bear to think about her not being okay. The grass was wet on my feet, but I urged them to carry on running, I shook her shoulders and she just stared at me. Silent tears running down her face. Why the hell were her clothes wet? I scooped her up into my arms and took off running at full speed back to the house. If this was that boy I would castrate him, no murder him.

I ran inside and put her down on the sofa, I piled all the blankets I could find on top of her and wrapped them around her. I sat on the arm chair in complete silence and waited for her to say something. She cried and cried until she finally fell asleep. I didn't leave her side, I just sat and waited. After 2 hours she finally woke up.