Chapter 20

Josh’s P.O.V

I gripped the steering wheel tightly and gazed intently at the road, I was nervous. Hell, no I was shit scared! I loved Ally so much and it was obvious that she loved and respected her parents a lot so I knew it was important that I set a good impression with them. Im sure I’ll be fine, right? They can’t be that bad, right?

We pulled up at the airport car park, and got out of the car. I glanced at my watch 11.30, hmm they will probably be ready by now. I had intended to be here at 11.00 you know in case they were early but there was a little traffic on the way here.

I looked over at Ally who was looking at me, but she looked away as soon as she caught me looking, she ducked her head down and let her hair fall into her face to cover the blush that was growing on her cheeks. I grinned at her, and saw her looking up through her eyelashes at me. 

“come on gorgeous, lets go meet the parents” I told her, I groaned internally, my voice sounded so weird. Weak. It was a strange feeling being so nervous, I performed to like 60,000 people on sell out tours and festivals this year and yet here I am nervous as fuck to meet two people. Where’s the logic in that? I laughed at myself and took in the fresh air. Ally looked at me and started laughing at how nervous I was but quickly stopped as I glared at her. She took my hand and squeezed it reassuringly, I pulled her arm gently so my arm was slung loosely over her shoulder.

We made our way over to check the arrivals area, just as we were scanning the crowds of people coming out with their luggage in tow, I heard the sound of a girl screaming, panicked I pulled Ally closer to me and scanned the surrounding area. It didn’t take me long to find a young girl and her friend, red in the face and running towards me.

“J-Josh Fran” she breathed in “Franceschi!!” she turned to her friend and they both screamed running until they finally reached me.

“AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHH!!!! Omg Josh , we love you so much!! Like AARRGGHH I cant believe im meeting you, Oh My God!!” The girl looked about ready to pass out and I could feel Ally’s body shaking against my chest as she giggled quietly.

“Hiya Girls, How you doing today?” I asked them, I was at ease with my fans, it always just felt comfortable and natural, I smiled at them as they were scrabbling around in their handbags, one of them pulled out their mobile phone and was still breathing in deeply trying to calm herself down, bless her!

“Um, do you want me to take a picture of you guys with Josh?” Ally asked, the girls nodded and Ally smiled, wiggling out from under my arm. She took the phone and stood clicking away for a few pictures, she concentrated on making the pictures look nice, asking us to lift our heads higher or stand more to the right, there was a grin on her face hiding away and I laughed thinking about how strange an experience this must be for her.

When we finished taking the pictures they asked me a couple of questions and then I had to excuse myself as Ally’s parents came through the crowd. The girls thanked me and gave Ally a quick hug and thankyou before walking away again.

Ally’s P.O.V

Bless him! I could tell he was really nervous and it was kind of funny, I hadn’t realised I made them sound like terrifying monsters or something. I looked up at Josh and gave him a smile, then I took his hand and squeezed it waiting for my parents to come over to us.

My mum came through first, running at me, and wrapping her arms tightly around me. I gave her a big hug back and then she finally released me and pulled me away from her, I saw the shock as she took as in the faded purple bruise on my cheek but she just smiled and gave me a kiss on the other side of my face.

“aww mum, I missed you so much!! You look amazing!” I gushed, it was true, she looked so happy and beautiful and her tan! Gosh, the woman never tans and yet here she is beautifully bronzed and it really suited her. I smiled at her and she smiled at me and then at Josh. I grinned at him, squeezing his hand as a ‘good luck’ “mum, this is Josh, Josh this is my mother Stella”